Employment Type: Part Time
Posted on: 2016-11-01
The YMCA of Greater Toronto Team Member Service (Service Desk) Part Time in Toronto, ON
The YMCA of Greater Toronto
Branch Toronto ON CA
Team Member Service (Service Desk)
Understands the legal responsibilities and moral imperative to report suspected child abuse to Children’s Aid Society….
- Responsible for validating memberships at membership sign-in desk.
- Responsible for processing day, guest and complimentary pass.
- Responsible for equipment rental including sports equipment, locks, towels, and elevator keys.
- Ensures squash court booking procedures are being properly enforced; Responsible for ensuring that all squash court reservations are handled in a timely manner to reflect accurate and up-to-date squash court booking sheets.
- Ensures Service Desk support materials are kept accurate and updated daily for Member and staff use.
- Actively promotes membership and YMCA initiatives and events.
- Makes decisions and solves problems regarding membership accounts, members’ concerns, and members’ behaviour.
- Provides direct delivery at the Member Service desk, modeling excellence in customer service; utilizes YMCA Priority S.A.M standards and EYE standards.
- Participates in task groups, special assignments and opportunities that further the Association’s mission, vision and strategic initiatives including the Core Service Functional Group.
- Demonstrates appropriate behaviours in line with our Mission, Vision and Values as reflected in our YMCA competencies; takes a member focused approach to increase their understanding of programs offered across the Association. Represents the YMCA and the Association in a professional manner
- Understands the legal responsibilities and moral imperative to report suspected child abuse to Children’s Aid Society.
- Understands the importance of the volunteer staff partnership and integrates the value of philanthropy and volunteerism in dealings with members, volunteers, donors and staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous customer service experience an asset, preferably in a membership/client based environment
- Familiarity with personal member and payment info, including knowledge of privacy and protection requirements of such info
- Volunteer experience an asset
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with members, staff and volunteers
- Excellent written communication skills
- Commitment to working in a socially inclusive environment responding with sensitivity and personal awareness to the diverse needs of members including visible and non-visible dimensions of diversity
- Experience with CLASS or other membership/customer systems an asset
- Current CPR and First Aid an asset
- Work schedule required; weekday and weekend closing shifts
- The position requires the following Association Competencies: fundamental competence in: Effective Interpersonal Communications; being Member Focused; Ethics and Self-Management; Relationship Building and Partnering; being Results Focused; Teamwork and Collaboration; Valuing Diversity & Social Inclusion.