Employment Type: Part Time
Posted on: 2016-11-01
The YMCA of Greater Toronto On-Site Supervisor RECE Part Time in Glen Williams, ON
The YMCA of Greater Toronto
Branch Glen Williams ON CA
On-Site Supervisor RECE
Glen Williams, ON
Understands the legal responsibilities and moral imperative to report suspected child abuse to Children’s Aid Society….
- Plans and implements age appropriate programming ensuring YMCA program standards and YMCA Core Values are met; Ensures compliance with all YMCA, Board, Provincial and Municipal standards.
- Delivers play based programming, based on the interests of the children, providing a safe environment while understanding the individual needs of children and families and maintaining a supportive environment; immediately reports all serious occurrences to the direct supervisor.
- Prepares quality weekly program planning and monthly calendars in agreement with YMCA and Board goals, to meet the needs of members.
- Develops and sustains good working relationship with families and Full Day Learning Program staff team; gives leadership and guidance to program team to implement and adhere to Parent Communication Standards; responds to inquiries from families, including voicemail response.
- Ensures the implementation and maintenance of YMCA Playing to Learn through coaching and guiding centre staff; Maintains a close working relationship with YMCA supervisor, ensuring ongoing communication and issues are shared.
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with a number of community and other stakeholders including: school Principals, Vice Principals, caretakers and secretaries, licensing and Municipal Agencies; Public Health; Fire departments; YMCA families; Volunteers and students; YMCA Management; Community Partners; Resource support.
- Completes general administration tasks as required including updating forms as required, updates communication book daily, Children’s sign in and out; Ensures Master Attendance is accurate and up to date and Subsidy attendance complete as required; Completes and submits staff time sheets as required, Volunteer tracking and activation forms.
- Completes daily, monthly check list forms ie; outdoor and indoor, outdoor log book, fanny packs, first aid, fire drills, opening and closing duties, disinfecting charts; Ensures Compliance Binder is kept compliant; All incident/accident reports completed and delivered in a timely manner.
- Attends professional development workshops, trainings and meetings.
- Demonstrates appropriate behaviours in line with our Mission, Vision and Values as reflected in our YMCA competencies; takes a member focused approach to increase their understanding of programs offered across the Association. Represents the YMCA and the Association in a professional manner.
- Understands the legal responsibilities and moral imperative to report suspected child abuse to Children’s Aid Society.
- Understands the importance of the volunteer staff partnership and integrates the value of philanthropy and volunteerism in dealings with members, volunteers, donors and staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- ECE Diploma
- Must be registered and a member in good standing in the College of Early Childhood Educators (CECE)
- Minimum two years of experience in before and after school, child care or extended day programs
- A capacity to work within a team and be part of a multi-service charitable Association
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with members, staff and volunteers
- Excellent written communication skills
- Commitment to working in a socially inclusive environment responding with sensitivity and personal awareness to the diverse needs of members including visible and non-visible dimensions of diversity
- All staff working with children are required under the Child Care and Early Year’s Act to have a valid standard first aid certification including infant and child cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) prior to the first day of work
- Flexibility regarding assigned working hours and program sites
- The position requires the following Association or Leadership Competencies: advanced competence in: Teamwork and Collaboration; Valuing Diversity and Social Inclusion; People Management; Planning and Initiative fundamental competence in: Effective Interpersonal Communications; Ethics and Self-Management; being Member Focused; Relationship Building and Partnering; being Results Focused; Association Management and Stewardship; Building Community Relationships and Resources; Cross Functional Integration; Leadership; Strategic Orientation and Change Management