OverviewThe Westin Nova Scotian Yuk Yuks Coordinator (Full Time Permanent) Full Time in Halifax, NS
The Westin Nova Scotian
Branch Halifax NS CA
Yuk Yuks Coordinator (Full Time Permanent)
Proven ability to networking—through sales, service roles, or other. Basic computer skills (word, excel, power point) including proficiency at social networking…
Deep in the heart of downtown Halifax, The Westin Nova Scotian offers first class accommodations in elegant and historic surroundings. We are an employer of choice in this vibrant city, being named in the Best Places to Work in Atlantic Canada since 2013. With our 4 1/2 star Canada Select property offering 310 well-appointed guest rooms and 23,000 square feet of meeting space, our hotel is ideal for the business traveler, meeting planner, and leisure traveler alike.
The Westin is currently looking to hire individuals who are outgoing, friendly and like to have fun while maintaining a strong work ethic. We are currently looking for a Yuk Yuk’s Coordinator.
The main function of this position is to market the comedy club and act as a liaison between the Westin and the Yuk Yuk’s Head Office with regards to the talent.
- High School diploma and some marketing education or practical experience equivalent;
- Hospitality education or experience required, comedy club experience not required
- Long, unpredictable hours sometimes required.
- Must be familiar with Yuk Yuk’s method of operation/ability to coordinate talent line-up on site
- Must be able to operate audio-visual equipment, including sound system and lights
- Must be skilled and diplomatic in dealing with public including crowd handling and ID Checking
- Knowledge of local liquor laws and sanitation policies required.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be able to think outside the box
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS:
- Passionate about the business
- Love of comedy and sense of humor
- Basic computer skills (word, excel, power point) including proficiency at social networking (facebook, twitter, youtube)
- Aptitude for personal interaction
- Proven ability to networking—through sales, service roles, or other
- Liaison with head office including flight booking for comedians and cheque requisitions
- Understanding and planning a budget
- Marketing skills
- Liaison with the comedians
- Other duties as required.
RATE OF PAY: $15.00/hr
CLOSING DATE: October 25th, 2016
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-21