OverviewThe Westin Nova Scotian Cafe Attendant (Full-Time Permanent) Full Time in Halifax, NS
The Westin Nova Scotian
Branch Halifax NS CA
Cafe Attendant (Full-Time Permanent)
Food and beverage experience required. The Cafe Attendant must provide friendly, efficient service of food and beverages desired by guests, and collect payment…
Deep in the heart of downtown Halifax, The Westin Nova Scotian offers first class accommodations in elegant and historic surroundings. We are an employer of choice in this vibrant city, being named in the Best Places to Work in Atlantic Canada since 2013. With our 4 1/2 star Canada Select property offering 310 well-appointed guest rooms and 23,000 square feet of meeting space, our hotel is ideal for the business traveler, meeting planner, and leisure traveler alike. We currently have 1 opening for Full Time Permanent Cafe Attendant.
The Cafe Attendant must provide friendly, efficient service of food and beverages desired by guests, and collect payment for such items.
- High School diploma and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Responsible beverage certification preferred.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Good wine knowledge helpful.
- Knowledge of local liquor laws and sanitation policies required.
- Food and beverage experience required.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS:
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with New Castle standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper business attire, footwear and nametag when working.
- Comply at all times with New Castle standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Complete all side-work and cleaning duties as described in the SOPs.
- Have full knowledge of entire menu, as well as daily specials, desserts, etc.
- Take all guests orders and process them in an efficient manner.
- Provide attentive service, focusing on guests’ needs.
- Receive payment for food and beverages provided and provide change and receipt to guests.
- Keep an accurate record of all checks and balances to be presented in a daily report.
- Make coffee, espresso, and tea.
- Keep dining area and workstations clean at all times.
- Clear tables when guests have completed their meals as well as after leaving their tables.
- Other duties as required.
Rate of Pay : $12.38
Closing Date: October 24, 2016
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-20