OverviewThe United Church of Canada Program Assistant, Philanthropy (Full-Time term 13 mths) Contract in Toronto, ON
The United Church of Canada
Branch Toronto ON CA
Program Assistant, Philanthropy (Full-Time term 13 mths)
This position also provides program and administrative support to other portfolios within the Unit and is back-up support to the other 3 Program Assistant…
The Philanthropy Unit of The United Church of Canada’s General Council Office is seeking an individual to fill the role of Program Assistant on a full-time term basis for 13 months (maternity leave coverage) effective November 1, 2016 to January 31, 2018.
The General Council offices support the ministry and mission of the congregations, presbyteries, Conferences and other mission units and are the national expression of The United Church of Canada, working ecumenically and in global partnership, faithfully, collaboratively and effectively. The Philanthropy Unit provides leadership to all giving across the church providing leadership, resources and support to the stewardship development and revenue generation work of congregations. The Unit is responsible for raising the wider church’s gifts through the Mission & Service Fund and supports the work of The United Church of Canada Foundation.
The Program Assistant provides lead administrative and program support to the Executive Minister of Philanthropy/President of The United Church of Canada Foundation and the Planned Giving portfolio. The Program Assistant provides daily, high level, ongoing administrative support including hospitality, the flow of communication, proactively providing appropriate back-up material as required. They will records meeting minutes and actions and follow-up with staff members on outstanding items.
As part of a staff team, the Program Assistant will assist in providing excellent service to donors and volunteers, research relevant information, support task groups, maintains donor records, prepares donor communications, and initiates internal processes for planned gifts. They will facilitating the flow of information between the Executive Minister and other senior staff within the Unit and beyond.
This position also provides program and administrative support to other portfolios within the Unit and is back-up support to the other 3 Program Assistant positions within the Unit, as required.
- An undergraduate university degree together with 3-5 years of experience in a senior administrative role, or equivalent work and life experience;
- Solid administrative, planning and organizational skills, priority setting together with effective time management skills;
- “Customer service” ethic and experience;
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), internet and social media applications;
- Demonstrated research skills, communication, interpersonal and teaming skills;
- Solid writing, editing and proofreading skills with a keen eye for attention to detail;
- Team player, with the ability to lead from behind;
- Competence in using electronic conferencing equipment;
- Strong project management skills are an asset;
- Strong minute-taking skills are an asset;
- Ability to work in both official languages is an asset;
- Experience in a not-for-profit setting is desirable.
This position works from the General Council Office located in Toronto, Ontario (Islington/Bloor) under normal office working conditions. Attendance at occasional evening and weekend meetings may be required.
This position has an annual salary range of $42,800 – $51,300.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-21