OverviewThe Town of Canmore Seasonal Parks Worker Temporary in Canmore, AB
The Town of Canmore
Branch Canmore AB CA
Seasonal Parks Worker
The Town of Canmore wishes to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position….
Why work for the Town of Canmore? This is the perfect job to complement your winter seasonal employment or university schooling. As part of the Town of Canmore Parks team you will put your labour, maintenance and equipment operation skills to work, and will be amazed at what can be achieved when people work together with a passion for this community. This work is a critical in keeping Canmore beautiful and enjoyable for all who live here and visit us.
Position Overview: Reporting to the Parks Team Leaders, the successful candidates will assist with the maintenance of:
•Public Parks, berms / boulevards, reserves (Municipal Reserves, Environmental Reserves)
•Public Sports Fields / Ball Diamonds
•Public Trails Network
•Public Amenities: picnic tables, benches, tennis courts, skate park, disc golf course, playgrounds, mountain bike parks, dog parks, washrooms, signs and trail kiosks and public art
•Horticulture: shrubs, trees , hazard trees, annual flower barrels / beds and invasive species
•Cemetery: mowing, leveling gravels, digging and back filling graves
•Special Events, Interdepartmental Assistance and Emergency Response
Selected individuals will provide assists to the Parks Team Leaders by:
•Leading small teams (4 people) with infield work, monitor and report on team function and morale
•Directly assist with business area tasks
For full details, please click pdf here (121 KB) to view the complete Position Description.
Qualifications and Attributes: The successful candidates must possess an unrestricted Class 5 Alberta driver’s license. In addition, you must possess the following attributes:
• Embodies the Core Values of the Town of Canmore: Wellness, Respect, Integrity, Service, Teamwork
• Self-starter who demonstrates initiative, who is able to work unsupervised and in teams
• Confident, personable and approachable with excellent customer service skills
• Able to demonstrate and maintain a high level of physical fitness
• Able to lift and carry 55lbs
• Ability to refrain from using your personal cell phone, I pod or other electronic devices while on shift
• Experience and or interest in working outdoors in a fast changing mountain climate in a variety of inclement weather conditions
• Basic knowledge of landscape practices, lawn care and maintenance is an asset but not a requirement
• Previous experience in the safe operation of various grounds maintenance equipment (mowers weed whips, tractors, tamper and leaf blower) is an asset but not a requirement
Hours and Season: This is a temporary seasonal position, working 40 hours/week, generally over 5 days. Start dates are available for April 3rd and May 1st with contracts ending August 25th to September & October, 2017. Shift, weekend (May 27th), statutory holiday (July 1st), and emergency response work shall be required during the work term. Unpaid vacation during the term maybe approved pending length of service as: 4 months – 5 days, 5 months – 6 days, 6 month – 7 days, 7 months – 8 days.
Wage: The starting rate for this position is $16.61 per hour. The Town offers a Health Spending Account for returning Parks Worker
Application closing date is: Monday, February 27th, 2017 .
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the submission current certifications including a satisfactory RCMP criminal records check, and current driver’s abstract. The Town of Canmore wishes to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Canmore, AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-12