OverviewThe Terry Fox Foundation Manager, Philanthropic Relations (2 positions) Full Time in Lower Mainland, BC
The Terry Fox Foundation
Branch Lower Mainland BC CA
Manager, Philanthropic Relations (2 positions)
Lower Mainland, BC
There is no other nonprofit organization in Canada that consistently rates as high as The Terry Fox Foundation in the hearts and minds of Canadians….
Burnaby, BC- 1 position
Metropolitan Toronto- 1 position
There is no other nonprofit organization in Canada that consistently rates as high as The Terry Fox Foundation in the hearts and minds of Canadians. With over 9000 runs/events in 32 countries each year, the legacy and story of Terry Fox offers unprecedented opportunities to tell the story of this Canadian icon and promote the significant impact of The Terry Fox Foundation.
The Terry Fox Foundation is seeking a Manager, Philanthropic Relations. Reporting to the Director of Development the Manager, Philanthropic Relations will secure funds for the organization by building and managing a group of qualified donors assuring that as many as possible are retained as continuing donors to the organization and are upgraded in their giving and involvement. The incumbent sets goals, monitors work and evaluates results to ensure that departmental and operating requirements are met and are in line with the needs and mission of the organization. The Manager, Philanthropic Relations will be entrusted with responsibility for the recognition and stewardship of individual major and planned donors.
This position is ideal for someone who is passionate about cancer research; an engaging presenter and communicator; someone who loves to build a major gifts program; a highly motivated self-starter, who is results-oriented, understands the vision of the team, is a natural relationship builder who understands what it means to truly make an impact on others.
If Terry Fox and his Marathon of Hope have meaning for you and if you are passionate about making a difference in the lives of people who battle cancer, The Terry Fox Foundation would like to hear from you.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Will identify and qualify high potential donors from our database and the community, who have the capacity of making a five-figure gift or higher.
- Will create a plan and goals for each donor that will serve as a foundational communication and marketing plan for each person on the caseload. Will faithfully and on a timely basis execute that plan so to ensure donor retention and growth.
- Will work with the Director of Development to secure appropriate project information, including budgets, and create offers, proposals and effective “asks” to secure gifts.
- Will work with the Director of Development on mail/phone campaigns and follow up with all leads.
- Ensures that all major and planned giving donors receive appropriate, consistent recognition and an accounting of the impact that their gift has on community needs annually.
- Will diligently track activities and progress in the database and create monthly reports as required by management that accurately reflect activity and performance.
- Will perform other major and planned donor activities as may be required.
Performance will be measured by:
- Ability to qualify donors who represent the highest giving potential for the organization.
- Ability to create reasonable financial goals for each donor, which is based on the donor’s giving and the potential.
- Ability to create a personal contact and “ask” plan that takes into account the individual donor’s interests, motivations, giving patterns and preferences in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Ability to retain and upgrade donors.
- Ability to secure project and organization information and create and write effective proposals and asks. Ability to secure information that can be sent back to donors to report on how their gift was used.
- Ability to create timely reports that demonstrate performance of goals and major gift performance.
- Ability to manage people, processes, deadlines and budgets while adhering to the policies and procedures of The Terry Fox Foundation.
- Ability to work collaboratively with peers, subordinates and management.
- Ability to protect the mission, goals and values of the organization.
Qualifications and Skills
- Post-secondary degree and minimum of five years of experience in major and planned giving fundraising.
- Successful track record in securing major and planned gifts in the five-figure range.
- Membership of AFP or CAGP, adherence to the Donor Bill or Rights and Code of Ethics.
- CFRE designation is an asset.
- Experience working with sensitive information and relationships, being tactful in high-level discussions and maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Proficient computers skills in database management and Microsoft Office.
- Comprehensive relationship building experience.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to listen is essential. Ability to ask leading questions, which encourage prospects and donors to talk about themselves and their activities.
- Specialized knowledge related to planned giving and major gifts fundraising.
- Ability to work effectively with donors and professional advisors.
- Ability to balance competing priorities, complex situations and tight deadlines.
The Terry Fox Foundation offers compensation commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits plan. In 1980, Canadians united around a young man and his dream of ending cancer. Terry showed us what is possible and in so doing rallied support from every Canadian for this important cause. We invite you to join us in our steadfast mission
to one day realize Terry’s dream.
For more information, or to apply in confidence please contact:
Gérard Consulting – Fundraising Talent Management
Phil Gérard, President
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-11