OverviewThe Salvation Army Temporary Full Time Summer Day Care Assistant Teacher Temporary in Toronto, ON
The Salvation Army
Branch Toronto ON CA
Temporary Full Time Summer Day Care Assistant Teacher
Possess leadership qualities, be organized, hardworking, dedicated and creative. To work as part of the day care team….
• To work as part of the day care team
• To work as part of the classroom teams to implement program activities
• Interact with the children to provide support, care and note information which can be used by the team to modify programs
• Assist in setting up and supervising playrooms, ensuring all necessary toys and equipment are set out in accordance with established programs and that the room and toys are kept in clean and good condition
• Assist children in regular washroom, lunchtime, snack time and sleep time routines in accordance with pre-established procedures
• Help set up, supervise playground activities, and organize indoor gym activities during periods of inclement weather
• Maintain positive communications with parents through daily contact
• Participate in parent nights, special events such as Christmas concerts, fundraising, field trips, church programs, etc.
• May assist in safely escorting children on trips outside the centre
• Perform specific duties assigned such as taking daily attendance, taking out garbage
• Be responsible that all forms, newsletters etc. are distributed to the parents in a timely manner
• Attends staff meetings, general meeting and professional workshops as required
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Designate if Supervisor is away
• Washing, cleaning and maintaining of toys for classroom when scheduled
• Care and maintenance of all equipment related to the Day Care
• Responsible to report all maintenance problems to the Supervisor
• May be asked to supply in a classroom when another staff member is absent from the centre
• Will be working in various classrooms, depending on staff schedules, day care routines and the needs of the centre
• 18 years or older
• 1 year prior related experience in a Day Care or working with groups of children
• Clear Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening and clear internal abuse registry check
• Communication skills in order to work with children, parents and other staff
• On Line Armatus Abuse Training
• Written skills to write accident reports if necessary
• CPR and Standard First Aid Training
• Enrolled in High School or Post-Secondary school who was in school full time during 2015-2016 school year and is returning to school full time 2016-2017
• Updated medical completed
• Able to work within a Christian atmosphere and to promote the goals of the program and the Mission of The Salvation Army
• Possess leadership qualities, be organized, hardworking, dedicated and creative
• Must complete The Salvation Army’s Statement of Applicant for Working with Children form, complete the Armatus Abuse Training online before summer begins
• Must be available for full 8-10 weeks of the program
• BE able to provide 2 references, 1 from an employer/supervisor and 1 from a family friend/pastor/teacher
HOURS: 35 hours per week
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. Each position contributes to the mission of The Salvation Army.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-05-20