OverviewThe Salvation Army – Summerside Corps Community Ministries Worker Full Time in Summerside, PE
The Salvation Army – Summerside Corps
Branch Summerside PE CA
Community Ministries Worker
Provides emergency assistance services (i.e. Networks and refers to The Salvation Army, government and community social service providers to coordinate…
The Community Ministries Worker assists individuals and families who are seeking aid and assistance from, or have been referred to, The Salvation Army. This may involve providing administration and operational requirements of special programs such as Third Party (Cheque/Trustee) Administration.
CHARACTERISTIC JOB DUTIES:
The incumbent is responsible for the following range of job duties characteristic, or typical of the job class:
- Conducts initial intake assessments (including evaluation of client/family protection issues), determining immediate needs and supports needed by the client
- Provides spiritual guidance and uses every opportunity to pray with and share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with clients/families, enabling them to become part of the Body of Christ
- Through exercising empathetic care, assists individuals to determine an appropriate and mutually agreed upon goal process; facilitates effective problem-solving behaviours of the client/family
- Provides emergency assistance services (i.e. housing, shelter, food, clothing, etc.) in accordance with policy
- Maintains confidentiality and keeps accurate client files and statistical records
- May provide budgeting guidance and/or trusteeship services for clients
- Assists in the organization, maintenance and general cleanliness of the Food Bank, Meal Centre, etc.
- Receives (and/or declines) and sorts/organizes non-monetary donations
- Networks and refers to The Salvation Army, government and community social service providers to coordinate resources for the benefit of clients and program, when necessary
- May develop and conduct workshops for clients/families, as appropriate
- May direct and supervise volunteers, which include recruitment, selection, orientation, training, evaluation and discipline
- Provides input into the operational budget; may be responsible for cash management
- May organize seasonal or special programs (i.e. Christmas Hamper, Toy Distribution, Summer Camps, Food Drives, Community Dinners, etc.)
- Performs other duties as assigned
NOTE: Not all incumbents perform all of the duties described above but perform a similar range of duties.
MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL ATTAINED:
The successful job applicant will have completed High School, plus specialized courses of up to six (6) months.
NOTE: An alternative level of education and experience may be acceptable.
SPECIAL LICENSES, DIPLOMAS, CERTIFICATIONS OR REQUIREMENTS:
The successful applicant will hold/have:
- Current Certification in First Aid/CPR
- **See Precautionary Measures**
MINIMUM PRIOR RELATED EXPERIENCE:
The incumbent must have the following experience before hire:
One year but less than three years of prior related experience, including, experience working with multi-barriered persons.
PHYSICAL EFFORT/DEXTERITY REQUIRED:
The performance of the job requires a moderate amount of loading/unloading trucks, sorting donated goods, occasional computer work, intervening in physical confrontations, and leading workshops (if part of role).
The incumbent is required to lift more than 20 pounds
The performance of the job requires attentive listening (intake/guidance to clients), and occasional computer work.
Working Conditions: 30 hours per week until March 30th, 2019 (contract position)
CLOSING DATE: April 18th, 2018
Please send your cover letter and resume in confidence to:
374 Pope Road, Summerside, PE C1N 0G1
Email: [email protected]
Please note any offer of employment will be conditional upon a background check.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Summerside, PE, CA
Posted on: 2018-04-05