OverviewThe Salvation Army Residential Support Worker Full Time in Victoria, BC
The Salvation Army
Branch Victoria BC CA
Residential Support Worker
Conducts and monitors building health, safety, security, and surveillance. Receives residents and visitors in a pleasant and courteous manner, and provides…
• Receives residents and visitors in a pleasant and courteous manner, and provides services according to established procedure
• Monitors access to the Victoria A.R.C.
• Conscientiously observes the confidential nature of the agency’s service to its clients and residents
• Operates cash register; accepts and records payments, and does shift end deposit
• Accepts, sorts, and distributes all incoming mail and packages
• Operates a multiple line switchboard, takes messages, and forwards messages to respective staff and residents
• Records pertinent information including financial and incident accurately and according to policy on shift activity log and other recording systems
• Monitors adherence on residents to Victoria A.R.C. guidelines
• Does registration for new residents and ensures that registration forms are accurately completed and intake procedures are followed
• Provides residents access to their medication and follows all procedures and policies related to resident medication
• Maintains and updates resident information on database
• Acts as a mobile secure and supportive presence monitoring the first, second, and third floors for resident behaviour as well as basic structural and operational conditions as per policies and procedures
• Provides accurate information and client-centered support to meet the needs of the residents and visitors in accordance to Victoria A.R.C. policies and procedures
• Ensures that residents and visitors are respecting and adhering to Victoria A.R.C. policies and procedures
• Conducts and monitors building health, safety, security, and surveillance
• Conducts regular rounds of the Victoria A.R.C. and conducts bed checks
• Reports observed maintenance needs in accordance with agency procedures
• Ensures the public areas are clean and organized to Victoria A.R.C. standards
• Performs light janitorial duties when required
• Must attend all staff meetings and training seminars related to agency services if requested
• May be assigned other related duties according to agency needs at the discretion of the Residential Program Manager
• Completion of High School plus post-secondary diploma or certificate (Degree or Diploma in Social Work, Psychology, Counselling, or related field is preferred)
• Excellent typing and computer skills
• Excellent numeric and analytical skills
• Superior customer service and problem-solving skills
• Excellent ability to work well in a fast-paced and high-stress environment
• Must possess a valid First Aid/CPR Certificate
• Understanding of barriers faced by Victoria A.R.C. residents and visitors
• Demonstrates flexibility and creativity
• Strong time-management skills
• Effective in both written and verbal communication
NOTE: This position requires a First Aid Certification. A Federal Government “Enhanced Reliability” Security Clearance and Criminal Record Check are a pre-requisite to employment commencement.
WAGE RATE: $16.22 per hour ($17.22 per hour after 488 hours of Probationary Period)
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Monday to Friday, midnight to 8 AM (37.5 hours per week)
The use of a personal vehicle is not required in the performance of duties. This position is open to male and female applicants. This position requires union membership.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise Department Heads of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. Each position contributes to the mission of The Salvation Army.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Victoria, BC, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-02