OverviewThe Salvation Army Residential Care Worker – Front Desk Full Time in Brantford, ON
The Salvation Army
Branch Brantford ON CA
Residential Care Worker – Front Desk
University/College Diploma in Social Services (preferred), and / or combination of education and life related experience in working with marginalized…
The successful candidate will be responsible to:
• Ensure the confidentiality of all Resident information.
• Register new Residents and complete all required documentation.
• Ensure that Residents understand the rules and regulations of the Centre.
• Accept and record Resident fees and prepare receipts for all monies received.
• Work closely with and carry out tasks assigned to you by your supervisor.
• Be fully knowledgeable of duties associated with front desk
• Perform other position related duties as assigned.
The successful candidate must have:
• Support for and an understanding of the mission and purpose of The Salvation Army in Canada and the Brantford Booth Centre.
• University/College Diploma in Social Services (preferred), and / or combination of education and life related experience in working with marginalized individuals;
• Possess current First Aid, CPR, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention certificates;
• Competent on word processing equipment, such as Windows XP, Microsoft Office, Excel.
• Ability to work with socially disadvantaged people.
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and under supervision.
• Provide an original copy of a Criminal Background Check with vulnerable sector screening that is satisfactory to The Salvation Army, in its sole discretion, is required. The screening is secured either through the national Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) or through a local police detachment. and in addition to this The Enhanced Reliability Screening with Corrections Canada.
A complete job description is available upon request. This is a unionized position.
Hours: Monday to Friday 12:00 am to 8:00 am
Tentative Start Date: TBD Term: Full time contract ending May 22, 2016
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
PLEASE NO TELEPHONE CALLS
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. Each position contributes to the mission of The Salvation Army.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Brantford, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18