OverviewThe Salvation Army Resident Coordinator, Anti-Human Trafficking Programs, Deborah’s Gate. Contract in Lower Mainland, BC
The Salvation Army
Branch Lower Mainland BC CA
Resident Coordinator, Anti-Human Trafficking Programs, Deborah’s Gate.
Lower Mainland, BC
Support clients to access the criminal justice system and other avenues of justice and victim services support….
Job Purpose :
The Resident Coordinator supervises, assists in the development of, and monitors, client case management through the Anti-Human Trafficking Programs at The Salvation Army Deborah’s Gate.
Job Duties :
The incumbent is responsible for the following range of job duties. (This is not an exhaustive list of the job duties).
- Assist Manager and/ or designated Supervisor in the coordination and delivery if designated programs for Deborah’s Gate residents.
- Participates in interviews and providing orientation for Staff.
- Ensure the implementation of the Case Management System including intake, goal setting, psychosocial rehabilitation, referrals, community collaborative case planning, legal coordination, networking, and other direct services to residents, transitioning and discharges, including appropriate use of rehabilitative and disciplinary measures and administration of drug testing.
- Work collaboratively alongside mental health and addictions programming.
- Establish and maintain proper database records and files, coordinate with staff to provide monthly Resident Care Plan reports and assist with Case Management Meetings.
- Develop case management tools and strategies to be utilized by Staff to support clients, provide oversight and monitoring of case management protocols for all resident Staff.
- Support clients to access the criminal justice system and other avenues of justice and victim services support.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The successful job applicant will have:
- Completed a Diploma or Undergraduate Bachelor’s degree in Social Services or another related field, or another equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years or more experience working in a Case Management system or a residential program.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel, and the Internet.
- Demonstrated experience in Program Development, evidence-based research, creativity, and innovation.
- Demonstrated experience in Addictions and Mental Health Support.
- Demonstrated understanding of trauma informed practice and working with marginalized populations experience.
- Experience in fundraising and donation acquisition an asset.
- Experience in art, drama, and/ or fitness an asset.
- Must possess a valid Class Five BC Driver’s License.
- Must be able to obtain Correction Service Canada clearance and clearance from the Salvation Army’s Child Abuse Registry as a condition of employment prior to the end of probationary period.
Temporary Full-Time (40 hours per week) – From January 2017 to March 31, 2018.
Days & Time :
Monday to Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM. (30 minutes break)
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Suquamish, WA, US
Posted on: 2016-12-06