The Salvation Army Property/Operations Manager Full Time in Cascade, BC
The Salvation Army
Branch Cascade BC CA
Outstanding time management skills and attention to detail. Possess or working towards a certificate in property/facilities management;…
The Salvation Army is an international Christian denomination and social services organization, operating in 113 countries worldwide. In Canada, the Army’s operations comprise 500 individual registered charities with assets of over $1 billion, an annual operating budget of nearly $500 million, 900 commissioned officers (pastors), 10,000 employees, and thousands of volunteers, making it one of the country’s largest charities.
The Property/Operations Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations and administration of the housing project and to assist with the overall operations and administration of Cascade Court. With a focus on the highest level of customer service, The Property/Operations Manager will also direct the general operations, cleaning and maintenance for the facility, building systems, security, monitoring systems and grounds and ensures all government regulations are achieved. There is a possibility of on-site housing.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Possibility of residing on the premises and facilitating security, control and client service in the absence of the Residential Caretaker or other project staff assigned to these tasks.
- Recruit, train, monitor, supervise and direct all staff and ensure they are performing within established policies of The Salvation Army in Canada/Grace Communities Corporation.
- Maintain and facilitate on-site management office, file maintenance, maintenance fees, lease occupancy, terminations and facilitate all other administrative functions.
- Provide, ensure and keep budget and financial control and reporting.
- Facilitates and communicates, in written and oral form, regular and timely performance evaluations for all subordinate staff to ensure excellent job attitude and performance.
- Performs and ensure the facilitation of positive service levels in all contact with clients meeting the customer service standards supported by Grace Communities Corporation and the mission goals of The Salvation Army in Canada.
- Utilizing community resources and other costs effective and budgeted opportunities and media, perform and promote market and advertise and resident: life lease opportunities at Cascade Court to accomplish timely sales and full occupancy of the project.
- Collect and deposit in the bank all occupancy fees, taxes and other project funds in a timely and efficient manner to the credit of Grace Communities Corporation.
- Exercise care and responsibility in areas of safety, appearance and the long–term preventive maintenance of the project equipment and environs.
- Perform the negotiation of key contracts and service agreements in those areas of the project that require contracted service or labour. Have these contracts approved through Executive Director.
- Ensure the arrangements for moves into and out of the project and all matters pertaining the suites turn-over and properly performed by staff and residents such as cleaning, painting, keys, elevator, bookings, inspections, etc.
- Keep and maintain a database of suite maintenance and repairs and upgrades, and other resident data.
- Perform office administration functions during regular office hours including telephone, correspondence, resident inquiries and service, guest suit bookings, file maintenance, computerized databases, forms, procedures, reports, meetings, support to territorial regional or local management and any other administrative duties that are project related.
- Annually draft an operations budget for the project submitting it to the Executive Director for review by 31 January of each year.
- Recommend and plan occupancy fee adjustments or increments and cost cutting measures to reach and maintain a balanced budget for the project operation.
- Perform and provide quarterly reports on the operation of Cascade Court to the Executive Director and any other reports or documentation required by head office management for program or operational purposes.
- Work closely and in conjunction with the Executive Director and senior management personnel of The Salvation Army in Canada/Grace Communities Corporation to accomplish the goals and objectives of Cascade Court as communicated from time-to-time in reports, directives, or policies.
- Keep in confidence all client and corporate information and resources gained through this positon pertaining to the residents and/or The Salvation Army in Canada/Grace Communities Corporation.
- From time-to-time, the administrator will accept other jobs-related assignments that further the goals of Cascade Court and the Corporation as directed by the Executive Director or senior management of The Salvation Army/Grace Communities Corporation.
ROLE COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES
- Demonstrated excellent organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Outstanding time management skills and attention to detail
- Excellent project coordination skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities. Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities as required
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work independently and be self-guided
- Positive, enthusiastic, solution-focused and will take initiative
- Familiarity with The Salvation Army is an asset
- Five to seven years of prior related experience in the areas of custodial services, administration, general repairs (i.e. electrical & plumbing), building systems, fire safety, electrical systems, supervisory, statistics and reading legislation/contracts or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Completed two (2) years of community college in an accredit program.
- Flexibility to work on-call on weekends and evenings and statutory holidays as required.
- Possess or working towards a certificate in property/facilities management;
- familiar with BC Non Profit Housing Association standards and practices, the BC landlord/tenant act, budget monitoring and experience in contract administration
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- have demonstrated supervisory skills including experience supervising the work of others in a property management environment
- have good knowledge of the BC building and fire codes, whims, and occupational health & safety requirements
- Able to provide an original copy of a Background Check screening that is satisfactory to The Salvation Army, in its sole discretion; the screening is secured either through the national Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) or through a local police detachment;
Please include the competition # 18-035 in the subject line of your email.