OverviewThe Salvation Army Program Coordinator Full Time in Vancouver, BC
The Salvation Army
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Connect clients to appropriate community services for support in housing and disability applications and referral service….
1. Program Coordination
• Under the direction of the Community Ministries Director and Management Team, develop, plan and implement programs and services to meet the needs of the community
• Coordinate Community Kitchen and Women in Touch Drop in
• Coordinate Summer Camp and Back to School Supplies Program
• Help support regular programs such as Breakfast Drop in, Emergency Basic Needs Support
• Help coordinate donations during Christmas, e.g. Toy Mountain and corporate toy drives
2. Spiritual Care
• Develop, oversee and deliver spiritual care to staff, clients and volunteers.
• Plan and conduct pastoral care programs, activities, outreach programs and Bible studies for community members and clients, conduct devotion at Breakfast Drop in and Women in Touch Drop in.
• Assist community members and clients towards achieving personal and spiritual well-being.
• Provide support and direction to Spiritual Care to volunteers.
• Offer support to breakfast patrons and other clients – provide one-time referral, i.e. first level Personnel Development Support (PDS), e.g. community resources and in-house programs; connect clients to appropriate community services for support in housing and disability applications and referral service. When requested, direct clients for spiritual care and prayer.
3. Volunteer Program Support
• Work in collaboration with the Community Ministries Director and fellow team members to help recruit, retain and evaluate volunteers to support programs and services
• Participate in planning, organizing and delivering the annual Volunteer Appreciation Lunch/Dinner
• Help support volunteer orientation process, volunteers on duty; record volunteer hours statistics
• Ensure proper policies, volunteer forms and procedures are followed pertaining to volunteer recruitment and evaluation
4. Administration and Reporting
• Keep thorough records of program outcomes and volunteer hours
• Report progress of program to Management Team and staff members in a regular and timely fashion
• Know and act in accordance with security procedures of the facility to ensure safety and confidentiality of community members, clients or congregants (e.g. contact with emergency response.
• Adheres to all policies and procedures of The Salvation Army Vancouver Community & Family Services.
• Assists with other aspects of service as requested and ensure the efficient and professional operation of the Family Services.
• Performs other related duties assigned.
• Completed up to two (2) years of Community or Bible College
• One year but less than three years of prior related experience, including, experience in a variety of social service programs, with some supervisory experience, and experience communicating orally and in writing.
• Knowledge in the needs and issues on homelessness and poverty
• Ability to work with individuals and families residing in the less-resourced neighborhoods in Vancouver with compassion and understanding
• Event planning and management experience
• Must be familiar with the SAVCFS ministry unit’s service policies and procedures
• Good organizational, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Willing to subscribe fully to The Salvation Army mission, values, policies and procedures
• Able to work independently and also be a team player
• Valid BC Driver’s License and access to a vehicle
• Police Record Check
JOB GRADE: 11
HOURS: 35 hours per week; Monday to Friday 8:30 am – 4:00 pm (Flexible hours may be required)
Interested applicants must respond in writing by October 2, 2015 Friday to:
Operations and Business Manager
The Salvation Army Vancouver Community and Family Services
3213 Fraser Street, Vancouver, B.C. v5v 4B8
EMAIL: [email protected]
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. Each position contributes to the mission of The Salvation Army.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-23