OverviewThe Salvation Army Outreach Worker Contract in Vancouver, BC
The Salvation Army
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Ongoing maintenance of resources, facility library, and message boards within Deborah’s Gate. Demonstrated experience building community partnerships and…
• Report to Deborah’s Gate Management and assist in the development, implementation, and evaluation of internal and external programs and case management for trafficked individuals and women exiting prostitution for the program New Hope Outreach, as per funding requirements.
• Participate in monthly staff Case Management Meetings and Living Hope LifeSkills sessions
• Coordinate with Deborah’s Gate Management for services and supports for entering and transitioning residents of Deborah’s Gate
• Participate in relevant training as pertaining to job description
• Develop, implement, and evaluate a framework for outreach coordination of trafficked individuals, researching national best practices, and creating a standard operating procedure for outreach
• Respond on call, 24/7 to emergent coordination needs for trafficked and exploited females in partnership with law enforcement, government, and service providers
• Assist Deborah’s Gate staff to provide monthly special events for trafficked persons and women exiting prostitution through Deborah’s Gate
• Maintain and develop partnerships with community agencies and services across the Lower Mainland through Deborah’s Gate
• Provide in person and phone consultation for community partners to access resources and support for trafficked individuals
• Facilitate the transfer of an individual to and from Deborah’s Gate, and/or other supportive shelter and housing options, coordinate with staff for referrals and intakes
• Build and maintain resources available for individuals trafficked for all purposes (labour, sex, organs, slavery, domestic servitude, etc.) and those engage in the sex trade including medical, legal, rehabilitative therapies, addiction support, shelter and housing, employment, immigration, translation, victim services, culturally appropriate healing practices and services, and faith based services, etc.
• Attend local community action teams, victim service network meetings, violence against women and other relevant committees, attend promotional networking opportunities in the community as per the discretion of Management
• Record daily interactions and gather statistical data for outreach services
• Ongoing maintenance of resources, facility library, and message boards within Deborah’s Gate
• Report monthly to Deborah’s Gate Management on progress and activities
• Assist in the development of online resources for Deborah’s Gate web content, and staff training
• May provide back-up support in other program areas as needed
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Completed Diploma or Undergraduate Bachelor’s degree in Social Services or another related field, or other equivalent
• Minimum 1 year or more experience working in a Case Management system and/or a residential program working directly with marginalized women and youth
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Power point, Excel, Internet
• Demonstrated experience building community partnerships and administration
• Demonstrated working knowledge of human trafficking
• Demonstrated understanding of trauma sensitive services and working with marginalized populations
• Ability to work under pressure, on call, and in a team environment
• Must possess a valid Class Five BC Driver’s License
• Immunization for Hepatitis B
• Vaccination against Tuberculosis
• Current Certification in First Aid/CPR
• Non-violent crisis intervention training
• Successful obtainment of Enhanced Reliability Status Security Clearance
• Successful obtainment of the Criminal Record Check clearance through the Criminal Records Review Program
• Successful obtainment of clearance through The Salvation Army Child Abuse Registry
• 12-month contract: March 2017 to March 2018
• Sunday to Thursday from 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM with 30 mins of unpaid break
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise Department Heads of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. Each position contributes to the mission of The Salvation Army.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-11