OverviewThe Salvation Army – Moncton Greenfield House Business Manager Full Time in Moncton, NB
The Salvation Army – Moncton Greenfield House
Branch Moncton NB CA
One year but less than three years of prior related experience, including, accounting operations, supervisory, labour relations, and property management…
The Business Manager manages the business activities of the ministry unit including financial, personnel, administrative, IT and property issues.
CHARACTERISTIC JOB DUTIES:
The incumbent is responsible for the following range of job duties characteristic, or typical of the job class:
- Reviews, approves, & analyzes financial statements and financial results
- Prepares and reviews budget(s) for presentation to the management board of the ministry unit; monitors actual against proposed budget on an on-going basis and takes corrective action; management of the audit process
- Responds to complex inquiries both internal and external to the organization
- Authorizes expenditures and/or payment authority in the purchase of goods and services
- Takes responsibility for oversight of all systems, including accounts payable, petty cash and payroll
- Oversees the HR, IT, and office management functions for the ministry unit
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with key stakeholders and vendors
- Assists in funding negotiations and prepares project proposals and reports as necessary
- Ensures compliance with funder’s “Statement of Work” requirements
- Acts as Team Leader for development of an accreditation action plan
- Directs the Post-Secondary Student Internship Program and oversees the supervision of student placements
- Ensures appropriate building maintenance and maintains current fixed asset inventory
- Takes a leadership role in managing special projects as assigned by the Executive Director
- Performs other duties as assigned
NOTE: Not all incumbents perform all of the duties described above but perform a similar range of duties.
MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL ATTAINED:
The successful job applicant will have completed up to two (2) years of Community College in a related field.
NOTE: An alternative level of education and experience may be acceptable.
SPECIAL LICENSES, DIPLOMAS, CERTIFICATIONS OR REQUIREMENTS:
It would be an asset if the incumbent is bilingual (able to speak and write effectively in both English and French).
MINIMUM PRIOR RELATED EXPERIENCE:
The incumbent must have the following experience before hire:
One year but less than three years of prior related experience, including, accounting operations, supervisory, labour relations, and property management experience.
PHYSICAL EFFORT/DEXTERITY REQUIRED:
The performance of the job requires sitting for long periods of time and keyboarding.
The performance of the job requires attentiveness in long meetings, and when reviewing financial statements.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR FINANCIAL RESOURCES:
The incumbent’s responsibility for Financial Resources:
The incumbent prepares annual budgets or revenue projections for the department; monitors departmental expenditures and may liaise with auditors or funding officials. He/She has input to new policies and procedures pertaining to the management of financial resources.
The incumbent’s work environment is typically in an office.
The incumbent works in generally agreeable conditions such as those found inside offices or equivalent work areas.
The incumbent may have little to no travel required.
The incumbent carries a cell phone.
Hours: 40 hours per week – Monday through Friday
Interested applicants must respond in writing by April 18th, 2018 to:
E-mail: [email protected]
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Moncton, NB, CA
Posted on: 2018-04-04