OverviewThe Salvation Army Human Resources Operational Advisor Contract in Toronto, ON
The Salvation Army
Branch Toronto ON CA
Human Resources Operational Advisor
Responsible for providing exemplary support to all HRIS user operational inquiries by providing a timely response with a high level of professionalism and…
Apply We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will pro-actively contact those selected for interviews. JOB SUMMARY POSITION OBJECTIVES EDUCATION
Interested Applicants must respond in writing to:
The Territorial HR Operational Advisor is responsible for providing guidance and support to Divisional Employee Relations staff to ensure the accurate capture of employee data across the Territory. This is accomplished by providing real time response to requests for assistance, and through the analysis, reconciliation and review of the system data to ensure consistency with the Territorial Employee Relations policies and procedures.
• Responsible for providing exemplary support to all HRIS user operational inquiries by providing a timely response with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
• Researches and consults Employee Relations management team on all non-routine requests to ensure the response is consistent with the intent of TSA policy.
• Initiates escalation procedures through the service provider or the most appropriate channels to resolve system related errors.
• Coordinates the execution of the annual merit increase and Christmas Grant programs by providing templates and procedures to all DHQ Employee Relations departments. Conducts follow up audits to ensure payments are in compliance with TSA policy and guidelines.
• Responsible for formulating the biweekly benefit run by division to confirm TSA benefit plan is applied on the basis of eligibility across the territory. Advises DHQ ER leadership regarding any deviations from the established plan and pushes vetted information to payroll for premium processing.
• Prepares import documents as required to capture batch upload of information from DHQ. (minimum wage, seasonal employee and collective agreement changes).
• Manages the export of various ad-hoc reports to DHQ’s to provide updated information for continued operations and to serve as reporting mechanism to external sources.
• Accountable for reviewing and analyzing system data on a monthly basis to identify errors and anomalies. Report such findings to DHQ ER for resolution and follow up.
• Designs, develops and delivers training for all HRIS users across the Territory.
• Keeps apprised of all territorial, provincial and divisional policies, procedures and benefit eligibility requirements that impact the accuracy of data within the HRIS.
• Liaises with Payroll and IT departments to facilitate a smooth resolution to all operational needs as they impact the HRIS and payroll processes.
• Completion of a post-secondary college program in a field related to human resources management such as business administration.
• Completion of or working toward the completion of a CHRL designation is considered an asset.
• Three years but less than five years of prior related experience in an administrative position related to employee management.
• Advance Microsoft Office skills particulary Excel
• Prior Experience running reports and analysis
Full time contract – 1 yr
Please include the competition # 16-063 in the subject line of your email.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise Department Heads of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. Each position contributes to the mission of The Salvation Army.
We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will pro-actively contact those selected for interviews.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-02