OverviewThe Royal Conservatory RCM Events Manager Full Time in Toronto, ON
The Royal Conservatory
Branch Toronto ON CA
RCM Events Manager
Coordinates recitals, musicians and honorary fellows for convocation ceremonies. Reporting to the Sales Director, the Events Manager is responsible for driving…
Reporting to the Sales Director, the Events Manager is responsible for driving the event strategy and leading the planning, management, and execution of all events for The Royal Conservatory Certificate Program and RCM Publishing. This individual is charged with ensuring that all events are successfully executed and are on brand. In addition to this, the Events Manager is responsible for post-event reports and future event recommendations.
Key responsibilities include:
Event Marketing Plan (Canada and the US)
- Defines why we attend/host events, states our objectives, and outlines all key event marketing strategies that occur before, during, and after the event for all marketing channels employed (i.e., digital, social, print, etc.).
- Identifies our key performance indicators.
- Identifies our target markets.
- Provides the budget information.
Management of ALL ‘Face-to-Face’ Marketing Events (Canada and the US)
- Events to be planned include convocation and award ceremonies in the US and Canada, teacher conferences, product launches and teacher professional development weekends.
- Manages all logistics that include (but are not limited to) booth arrangements, showcase arrangements, pre-/post- promotion and follow-up, coordination of marketing materials, budget tracking, reconciliation, and reporting.
- Coordinates recitals, musicians and honorary fellows for convocation ceremonies.
- Liaises with event hosting organizations, marketing teams, venues, vendors, and all other 3 rd party groups with respect to RCM/RCM Publishing events.
- Manages group travel and accommodation arrangements.
- Coordinates assembly of conference shipments.
Strategic Event Marketing Planning and Event Recommendations
- Refreshes our community events and activities annually with larger organizational objectives in mind
- Develops new promotional activities in collaboration with Sales and Marketing to generate awareness and drive traffic at conferences and community events.
- Conducts event market research, gathers information, and provides event recommendations.
- Identifies new conferences and creatively thinks of new events that The RCM can host to promote our programs and products
Event Tracking and Reporting
- Maintains marketing events calendar and historic documentation.
- Manages and tracks event budget with oversight from the Sales Director.
- Tracks event metrics using key performance indicators for each event.
- Provides analyses of all areas of responsibility and makes recommendations for improvement on creative, process, and financial procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent
- 3+ years in a marketing, events and/or project management role
- Understanding of The RCM curriculum
- Strong communications and diplomacy skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills
RCM is committed to a policy of equity and inclusion.
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and RCM’s Access and Equity policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants and will contact the individuals selected for an interview. Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter with a current résumé online (please ensure to upload a single document combining both) by September 28, 2017 ; however, please note that this position may be filled prior to the deadline if a suitable candidate has been identified.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-09-03