OverviewThe Regina Open Door Society (RODS) Administrative/Financial Program Support Full Time in Regina, SK
The Regina Open Door Society (RODS)
Branch Regina SK CA
Administrative/Financial Program Support
Coordinates office and equipment maintenance requests if needed. Receives and processes maintenance requests for the Donahue location….
The Regina Open Door Society (RODS) is a non-profit organization that provides settlement and integration services to refugees and immigrants in Regina. RODS is committed to meeting the needs of newcomers by offering programs and services that enable them to achieve their goals and participate fully in the larger community.
The Regina Open Door Society Inc. is seeking qualified individuals to staff the full-time permanent position of Administrative/Financial Program Support for the Language Services department. The start date for this position is April 23, 2018.
Job description – Position Summary
The LINC Program Support person is responsible for providing administrative services to support the work of the English Language Services department, with special attention to reports, ordering and administrating supplies and assisting with department finances. The position requires strong customer service, communication and problem-solving skills including the ability to respond independently to constant challenges and changes while maintaining discretion and professionalism at all times. In order to provide effective and efficient services it is expected that the Administrative Program Support works in close collaboration with the administrative team (managers and staff).
- High School Diploma and post-secondary education in Office Administration
- Minimum 2 years of experience providing administrative services in an office setting
- Proficiency in using the MS Office Suite (specifically Word, Excel, Outlook), databases
- Proficiency in using voice messaging systems, fax machine, photocopier, etc.
- Experience working with purchase orders, invoices, tracking expenses
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Exceptional customer service, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Attention to detail, ability to multitask
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality as dictated by RODS HR Policies and Procedures
Job Description – Primary Responsibilities:
- Provides a welcoming environment for clients and staff at RODS Language Services.
- Answers general phone inquiries in a professional and courteous manner; directs phone inquiries, voice mails and e-mails to appropriate staff members.
- Responds to inquiries about RODS programs, LINC program, CLB assessments, etc.
- Coordinates office and equipment maintenance requests if needed.
- Takes responsibility for creating and submitting monthly iCARE reports and other reports as needed.
- Receives and processes maintenance requests for the Donahue location.
- Prepares pre-approval requests for Manager’s signature, orders, receives and stores/distributes purchased teaching material and office supplies for the program.
- Forwards invoices to the Finance Department within required timelines ensuring that they are coded, signed and completed.
- Tracks budgetary expenditures for the various budget lines within the department and provides a monthly report to the Manager.
- Takes administrative oversight of all LINC technology and technology-related items and matters for LINC including, but not limited to:
o Computer trouble shooting for the Donahue location
o First contact with the internal IT Support and PC Place
- Assists managers and staff with special events, activities, training (e.g. PD days, Student Orientation sessions, OSN presentations, etc.)
- Performs other position-related duties as needed.
Hours of work and salary
Hours of work for this position are Monday to Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM with an EDO every second week. The starting annual salary for this position is $38,946.46 ($22.19 per hour) at the probationary level of Admin. Category 2.
How To Apply We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please be able to provide three work related references at the time of your interview. All positions at RODS require a clean criminal record check. Please respond in confidence no later than 4:00 PM on Monday April 16, 2018 via email to [email protected], stating the position title in the email subject.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Regina, SK, CA
Posted on: 2018-04-04