OverviewTHE NORTH WEST COMPANY Transportation Coordinator Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
THE NORTH WEST COMPANY
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Experience with small craft flight operations and scheduling. Regular Full Time….
OPPORTUNITY: Transportation Coordinator
Regular Full Time
LOCATION: 77 Main Street, Gibraltar House, Winnipeg, Manitoba
DEPARTMENT: Logistics & Distribution, Canada
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager, Supply Chain Planning and Analytics
Support Transportation Department operations. Coordinate corporate flights for NWC. Monitor Transportation network inventory and equipment movement. Provide administrative support.
Coordinate Corporate Flights:
- Prepare itineraries for company plane usage. Plan routing and fuel stops. Coordinate with pilots on routing. Communicate itineraries to passengers and flight crew.
- Coordinate aircraft maintenance schedule with flight schedules and crew availability
- Provide company pilots with office support. Organize expense reports, mail and home office requests.
- Organize special freight charters and carrier partner flights as needed
Monitor Transportation Network:
- Review and report daily on partner carrier inventory.
- Coordinate seasonal shipping activity. Create Sealift schedule. Monitor ship positions and winter road accessibility.
- Track inbound intermodal and container shipments.
Maintain Freight Forecasting Model:
- Aid Managers in development of freight forecast.
- Update forecast source data and report on forecasted demand.
Support Transportation Department Operations:
- Compile and maintain Transportation contact information.
- Administer Transportation Sharepoint site.
- Degree or diploma in Supply Chain, Business or a related field
- Experienced with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Canadian geography, particularly Northern Canada
- Ability to work independently on tight timelines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with small craft flight operations and scheduling
- Developed organizational skills, able to monitor multiple tasks
- Accountability for performance
A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization.
Click Here To Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18