OverviewThe North West Company Purchasing Clerk – 6 Month Term Temporary in Winnipeg, MB
The North West Company
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Purchasing Clerk – 6 Month Term
Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Proven organizational, planning and prioritizing skills with the ability to…
In your role as a Purchasing Clerk at The North West Company (NWC); you will verify the accuracy of all new purchase orders and process them with speed and efficiency. If you have the skills to correspond with both internal departments and vendors to efficiently complete and update orders, this opportunity is for you!
Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive salary with a benefits package and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture.
NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighbourhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information.
- Address Store Connect tickets as assigned;
- Create Purchase Orders as requested by Category Teams and Replenishment Analysts;
- Create Purchase Orders as directed by Special Ship (Sealift, Winter Road);
- Revise and update Purchase Orders with deletions, additions and changes as requested by Category Teams and Replenishment Analysts;
- Process requisitions as requested by Category Teams and Replenishment Analysts;
- Complete Order Management Reporting as requested; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills Experience:
- General office experience required;
- Strong alpha-numeric keyboarding skills;
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel;
- Proven organizational, planning and prioritizing skills with the ability to adhere to strict timelines;
- Must be detail conscious while maintaining a high degree of accuracy;
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills; and
- Knowledge of Retek and Access is an asset.
Location: Gibraltar House, 77 Main Street, Winnipeg, MB
Reports to: Supervisor, Order Fulfillment
A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2018-07-26