Employment Type: Full Time
Posted on: 2018-01-09
The New Home Warranty Insurance (Canada) Corporation Member Services Underwriter Full Time in Calgary, AB
The New Home Warranty Insurance (Canada) Corporation
Branch Calgary AB CA
Member Services Underwriter
Customer Influence (education, training, selling, service)*. 5+ years in account management/business development/commercial insurance or surety….
The Member Services Underwriter role is responsible for developing existing client relationships and supporting new client relationships by developing and promoting appropriate solutions which match customer needs on building projects or existing memberships. This is achieved through risk analysis on applications, assessment of projects and memberships, innovative approaches to underwriting and supporting the ongoing relationship through other client monitoring activities.
The role is accountable for the identification and mitigations of risks through the selection, monitoring and support of members and projects, to best meet the corporate revenue and risk objectives and to differentiate us from the competition.
- Exercise due diligence and sound judgment by protecting the financial interests of the Organization through development of assessments, mitigation of risk and managing exposure within delegated authority.
- Maintain or improve customer satisfaction scoring by effective management of an assigned portfolio of existing customers
- Identify and deliver fit for purpose client solutions that increase product utilization, improve revenue margins and deepen client loyalty.
- Managing and maintaining a portfolio of warrantable and insurable multi-family projects by ensuring due diligence on commencements and completion
- Prepare credit memoranda and other credit correspondence in a well thought out, thorough and efficient manner and in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Develop and manage any required documentation related to projects and assigned portfolio, including regulatory and security documentation.
- Enhance client relationships through business development activities
- In conjunction with other team members and independently, prepare recommendations and assist in presentations of proposals to members. Assist in negotiation of terms and conditions of proposals.
- Continuously monitor and manage the relationships with clients by fully understanding their goals, objectives and status of their business to appropriately promote solution and/or services that balance revenue development with the Organization’s risk appetite.
- Perform comprehensive financial and non-financial analysis of proposals through due diligence to validate applications/applicants, determine eligibility of collateral, determine appropriate pricing rates
- Foster a customer centric, solutions based relationship between members and the Organization through a purposeful communication and contact strategy that is in response to enrolments
- Responsible for profile management as part of a periodical assessment process using the philosophy of KYC (Know your Customer) to ensure conditions of membership are maintained and material change in risk is mitigated
- Accurately track and record customer interactions, in a timely manner, to ensure current data available to all departments
- Build customer relationships to enhance the business operations between the organization and its membership.
- Collaborate with internal departments to ensure customer needs and risks are appropriately identified and addressed
- 5+ years developing credit applications or similar commercial underwriting functions.
- 5+ years in account management/business development/commercial insurance or surety
- Critical thinking, highly developed problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong understanding of accounting, risk mitigation best practices
- Ability to interpret financial statements as part of a risk decision-making process
- Ability to assess credit worthiness of entities and individuals
- Understanding of security structure and documentation
- Detail orientated with a strong understanding of commercial enterprises
- Discretion and good judgement to balance both growth and risks
Customer Influence (education, training, selling, service)
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally externally and internally
- Ability to execute investigative and probing questioning strategies
- Comfortable dealing with deadlines
- Credible with stakeholders on complex risk and security issues
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent