OverviewThe Mosaic Company Sr Environmental Specialist Full Time in Colonsay, SK
The Mosaic Company
Branch Colonsay SK CA
Sr Environmental Specialist
He/she provides evaluation of plant operations with respect to existing and proposed environmental requirements and advises management on compliance and…
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world’s leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world’s agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Team Member?
We are currently seeking a Sr Environmental Specialist at our Colonsay, SK location. The successful candidate will be responsible for environmental compliance, permitting, education and stewardship for the facility. He/she provides evaluation of plant operations with respect to existing and proposed environmental requirements and advises management on compliance and initiates and directs facility environmental improvements. Conducts inspections with regulatory agents and prepares and submits regulatory reports and correspondence. Interprets regulatory language and determines applicability.
What will you be working on?
- Provide work direction to the team as well as timely and constructive feedback to ensure employees have a clear understanding of their work, roles, business goals and performance standards. Manage performance issues when necessary. Develop and coach employees in order to retain and grow organizational talent. Support employees in their career development at Mosaic.
- Manage environmental aspects of projects, including scheduling, budgeting and selecting contractors.
- Supervise/coach contractors and possible direct reports depending on work location.
- Coordinate all permit applications from identifying need for the permit through permit application, agency negotiations, and permit received.
- Ensure compliance with all environmental requirements (regulations, permits, licenses, policies and procedures) through inspections, testing and evaluation of plant operations and develop and implement plans and procedures for use at multiple Mosaic locations. Analyze process and environmental data for compliance and trend evaluations and prepare reports for regulatory agencies, management, community groups and other stakeholders. Serves as “on-call” environmental coordinator, responding to a wide range of issues including spill reporting, waste management, waste water, storm water, drinking water, air emissions and agency inspections.
- Other duties as applicable.
What is required for this role?
Bachelor’s Degree required, with a major in Environmental Science, or Environmental/Environmental Health Engineering. 5+ years of Environmental and Permitting Regulatory Matters experience required. Strong interpersonal skills, public speaking proficiency, and effective problem solving skills are required. Superior verbal and written communication skills are mandatory. Ability to lead supervisors and tradesman in specific tasks and projects. Employment is subject to successfully completing Mosaic’s pre-employment checks including criminal, drug and alcohol testing. Must be authorized to work in Canada. Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace, and strives to achieve a representative workforce in Canada. We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs – Apply today and join our team!
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Colonsay, SK, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-01