OverviewThe Manuels River Experience Senior Summer Day Camp Leader Temporary in Conception Bay South, NL
The Manuels River Experience
Branch Conception Bay South NL CA
Senior Summer Day Camp Leader
Conception Bay South, NL
The Senior Summer Camp Leader will interact primarily with children between the ages of 6 and 11 who have are taking part in the Nalcor Environmental Summer Day…
The Manuels River Hibernia Interpretation Centre is a not-for-profit science and nature centre which features Geological, Biological and Human History of the Manuels River and Conception Bay South. Our organization is committed to the preservation and interpretation of the natural, cultural and geological history of the river through the development of education, recreation and conservation opportunities along the river system and in the Interpretation Centre. If you are a dynamic individual who enjoys interacting with the public and learning through fun, then the Manuels River experience has opportunities that are right for you.
Position: Senior Summer Camp Leader
Employment Status: 1 Full-Time 9-week summer contract available, end of June to end of August
Hours of Work: 35-45 hours per week – Monday through Friday, days
Rate of Pay: $13-15 hourly, depending on experience
Summary of Position:
The Senior Summer Camp Leader will interact primarily with children between the ages of 6 and 11 who have are taking part in the Nalcor Environmental Summer Day Camp. (Campers are split into specific weeks for ages 6-8 and ages 9-11). They will make each day a memorable one for their campers, blending education and science with fun in both indoor and outdoor settings. Our ideal candidate is one with several years of teaching experience, preferably at the elementary level.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide a safe and fun environment for campers
• Prepare and present daily interpretative camp programming, using provided materials
• Design and plan new educational activities
• Interact with parents and guardians
• Set up and take down necessary camp equipment and materials
• Help less experienced camp staff
• Work as a member of a team
• Other duties as required and assigned
• Preference given to candidates with a post-secondary background in Education or Science
• First aid & CPR certificate
• At least five years’ experience working with children
• Experience leading tours, programs or camps
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Outgoing, polite, friendly and patient
• Basic knowledge of the geology, biology and/or cultural history of our province or area.
• A Canadian citizen or permanent resident entitled to work in Canada
Please email your resume with cover letter and three references to [email protected] RNC background check and vulnerable sector check are required for the position – If you have them already, please include the certificates. If not, you will be required to provide them after the interview stage.
We thank all who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Conception Bay South, NL, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-24