OverviewThe Jim Pattison Auto Group Service Technician Full Time in Manitoba
The Jim Pattison Auto Group
Branch MB CA
Provide accurate estimates (cost, time, effort) for a repair or maintenance job. Inspect vehicle computer and electronic systems to repair, maintain and upgrade…
The Jim Pattison Auto Group has 24 locations and 13 brands in Western Canada. We are continually expanding and acquiring new locations and brands while improving our market share.
The Jim Pattison Auto Group’s relentless commitment to customer satisfaction has allowed us to grow into one of Canada’s largest companies. We encourage career growth and personal development within our company. We are looking for individuals who can contribute to our business operations today and our future growth. We encourage those with the required experience and interest to apply.
Frontier Subaru Winnipeg has a new opportunity for a Service Technician to join our team!
Working under the direction of the Service Manager we are looking for a skilled auto technician to maintain and repair vehicles. You will be responsible for troubleshooting issues and fixing them aiming to maximum reliability and functionality.
An excellent auto technician has good eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. They are well-versed in complex mechanical or electronical systems of vehicles and have excellent problem-solving abilities. They must also be good communicators to provide advice to customers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
#1: EXTREMELY HIGH LEVEL OF CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
- Inspect vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately
- Inspect vehicle computer and electronic systems to repair, maintain and upgrade
- Maintain a clean and safe work place area at all times
- Conduct routine maintenance work (replacing fluids, lubricating parts etc.) aiming to vehicle functionality and longevity
- Repair or replace broken or dysfunctional parts and fix issues (e.g. leaks)
- Provide accurate estimates (cost, time, effort) for a repair or maintenance job
- Maintain equipment and tools in good condition
- Communicate effectively with Service Manager and Service team when vehicle regarding vehicle status and condition
- Additional duties as outlined by Management
- Proven experience as auto technician
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical, electrical and electronic components of vehicles
- Working knowledge of vehicle diagnostic systems and methods
- Ability to handle various tools and heavy equipment (e.g. lift)
- Willingness to observe all safety precautions for protections against accidents, dangerous fluids, chemicals etc.
- Excellent physical condition
- Valid certification (AST Red Seal)
- Desire to exceed customer expectations
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- Ability to effectively respond to and meet the needs of a diverse client base
- Applicant must be flexible with assuming day and evening shifts
- Ability to operate manual and automatic transmissions
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: , MB, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-01