OverviewTHE JAMES HOTEL Group Coordinator Full Time in Saskatoon, SK
THE JAMES HOTEL
Branch Saskatoon SK CA
The Coordinator role is a multi-faceted position including duties of the Hotel Front Desk, Catering Event planning, and the administrative support within the…
The James Hotel is a unique boutique hotel, we are passionate about creating hotel experiences for our guests that are thoroughly fresh and engaging.
The type of trustworthy employees we are looking for are people who are go-getters and very intuitive. Employees should naturally have a positive attitude, be responsive, persistent, supportive and accommodating. We want our employees to have both the freedom and the responsibility to manage every encounter in the best interest of serving the guest.
As the Coordinator of groups, you will have an opportunity to establish your career path at a hotel unlike any other.
The Coordinator role is a multi-faceted position including duties of the Hotel Front Desk, Catering Event planning, and the administrative support within the hotel. The position is primarily a full time day position Tuesday through Saturday; however flexibility with start and end times may be required due to the nature of the role and the James Hotels unwavering commitment of flawless execution for the guest experience.
You will handle incoming calls, reservations, and overall Front Desk operations; as well as handle all inquiries for Catering Events.
Administrative experience is highly necessary for this position.
Computer literacy would be an asset, particularly in Microsoft Word and Hotel PMS experience
Highly organized with the ability to multi-task while maintaining a positive and professional demeanor
Minimum of 1 year Hotel Front Desk or Event planning experience
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; customer service oriented, proactive and a team player
Highly organized with the ability to plan multiple activities and meet deadlines
Be a clear and creative thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems while presenting strong leadership skills
Skills and Abilities Main Responsibility
– Planning and management
Type Of Experience
– Special events
– Significant use of memory
– Continuous learning
– Computer use
– Job task planning and organizing
– Critical thinking
– Decision making
– Problem solving
– Working with others
– Oral communication
– Document use
– Reading text
Number of Participants and Length of Activity
– 10-49 participants
– Ensure compliance with required by-laws
– Arrange for shipping, receiving and storage
– Assist in site selection and attend to related details
– Coordinate and monitor conference and meeting activities and attend to related details
– Coordinate set-ups, staging, seating, parking, communication systems and other details for special events
– Implement social programs, food and beverage, transportation, and other services
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
– Meeting management software
Planning and Management Skills
– Arrange and manage contracts for entertainment, activities and attractions for special events
– Plan and arrange for accommodation and transportation services
– Plan for special needs services
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Saskatoon, SK, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18