OverviewThe Home Depot Part Time Lumber General Warehouse Associate Part Time in Laval, QC
The Home Depot
Branch Laval QC CA
Part Time Lumber General Warehouse Associate
Meet Safety expectations for this role are outlined under The Home Depot Canada Environmental Health & Safety Management system element under "Worker"….
In this role you will be responsible for performing the necessary job tasks and activities assigned to process the flow of goods through the DC. This will include receiving, order selection & processing, palletizing, lift truck operations and loading of products as per the ‘Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for each process. General Warehouse associates will be responsible for meeting/exceeding performance requirements in the areas of safety, quality, and productivity.
- Display behaviours that are consistent with Home Depot’s Values
- Consistently adhere to all Home Depot policies and procedures
- Perform DC functional duties as assigned per our standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and relevant work instructions.
- Work safely, productively and accurately with minimal supervision
- Maintain orderly condition and housekeeping of your assigned work area
- Be flexible and cooperative when asked to support other areas and/or job functions
- Safely operate various types of material handling equipment (ie. Walkie Rider, Forklift) in order to complete tasks such as loading, unloading, sorting, staging and transporting product
- Follow Home Depot safety policies and procedures and encourage other Associates to do the same
- Work collaboratively with the Operations Managers and other associates to effectively complete assigned tasks
- Deliver outstanding customer service to internal distribution teams and to our stores by maintaining attention to detail and completing assigned work in a timely manner
- Meet Safety expectations for this role are outlined under The Home Depot Canada Environmental Health & Safety Management system element under “Worker”
- Be reliable by maintaining good attendance with minimal occurrences of lateness
- Additional duties as assigned by Distribution Centre Management
- Acts with Integrity: Demonstrates responsible, ethical and honest behavior, models The Home Depot values.
- Gets Things Done: Motivates self and others to achieve daily targets; acts with a sense of urgency to ensure assigned tasks are completed safely, on-time, and accurately.
- Building Relationships: develops collaborative working relationships with people inside and outside of their team. Is viewed as a team player.
- Individual Development: Actively looks for developmental opportunities; embraces growth opportunities and leverages available resources to learn and develop new skills.
- Stress Tolerance: embraces change in a positive and open manner while maintaining composure. Maintains a positive attitude when dealing with ambiguity; keeps calm and composed when faced with difficult situations.
- Safety Orientation: follows safety policies and procedures, holds self to a high safety standard.
- Previous Distribution/ Transportation experience is an asset.
- Experience operating a forklift or walkie-rider is an asset.
- WMS RF experience is an asset
- Able to move and/or lift 50-70 pounds
- Ability to work well with others in a group and foster a team climate where members are committed to a common set of performance goals and targets.
- Must be able and willing to perform all production related job functions and activities
- Very good communication and listening skills are required.
- Able to work additional hours as required supporting the needs of our customers.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Laval, QC, CA
Posted on: 2016-10-31