OverviewThe Hollis Halifax – a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Maintenance Personnel – Part Time/Weekend Part Time in Halifax, NS
The Hollis Halifax – a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton
Branch Halifax NS CA
Maintenance Personnel – Part Time/Weekend
Preference will be given to candidates with proper practical experience and/or certification in facilities maintenance, housekeeping/custodial, and/or skilled…
As a Maintenance Personnel at The Hollis Halifax – a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton you will be integral to our hotel operation.
• Performing repair or general maintenance work of facilities, buildings, grounds, and equipment at various sites including electrical, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, HVAC, and painting tasks.
• Repairing and treating structures such as showers, floors, sinks, walls, carpets and roofs.
• Performing minor repairs, troubleshooting, and adjustment of locks on cabinets, locks, closets, desks.
• Repairing door hinges, cleaning plugged key slots, changing filters on ventilating, heating, and air conditioning units.
• Servicing kitchen, appliances, and emergency equipment, reporting mechanical malfunctions to party for action.
• Moving and assisting in transportation of furniture and equipment.
• Activating and deactivating building alarms and responding to alarm calls after and during regular work hours.
• Maintain grounds in clean and orderly manner including mowing, trimming, weeding, aerating and fertilizing lawns; replace plants as needed.
• Maintain grounds maintenance equipment.
• Preventive maintenance duties.
• Perform task related to work orders supplied by Housekeeping and Front Desk.
• Assist in pool and hot tub operation and care.
• Snow removal and other landscaping duties.
• Multi-tasking proficiency.
• Ability to work with limited supervision.
• Positive and professional demeanor.
• WHMIS an asset.
• First Aid considered an asset.
• Experience and thorough knowledge of the function and operation of building HVAC, electrical and plumbing systems is an asset.
• Must be able to regularly lift 25 kg.
• Preference will be given to candidates with proper practical experience and/or certification in facilities maintenance, housekeeping/custodial, and/or skilled building trades field.
• Must be able to work a variety of shifts inclusive of evenings, weekends, holidays and occasional overnights.
• Excellent travel benefits with over 3000 hotels worldwide
• Paid group insurance plan
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Worldwide Brand?
DoubleTree by Hilton understands that doing the little things well means everything. It all starts with a warm chocolate chip cookie welcome. And yet, the experience is far from cookie-cutter. The hotels are interesting, unique properties in great locations and serve as the antidote to impersonal vacations, meetings and events. Our guests stay with us because they know they’ll enjoy an experience they truly value at a competitive price. At DoubleTree by Hilton, we provide the simple acts of care and thoughtfulness that make the traveler feel human again. Our hotels mark the end of travel’s challenges and the beginning of a restful stay.
DoubleTree by Hilton is one of Hilton Worldwide’s ten market-leading brands. For more information visit www.hiltonworldwide.com.
If you appreciate the little things and enjoy creating exceptional experiences, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with DoubleTree by Hilton.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton Worldwide has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton Worldwide remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
H Hospitality – We’re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
I Integrity – We do the right thing, all the time.
L Leadership – We’re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
T Teamwork – We’re team players in everything we do.
O Ownership – We’re the owners of our actions and decisions.
N Now – We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes in our Team Members:
• Living the Values
• Customer Focus
Management Position? No
Entry- Level Position? Yes
Work Permit Needed? Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
Job Available: Immediately
Employer: The Hollis Halifax – a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-17