OverviewThe Headhunters & TempsAhead Network Security Specialist Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
The Headhunters & TempsAhead
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Network Security Specialist
5 plus years of experience in IT with focus on WANs, LANs, server hardware, network security hardware and software, virtual environments, and storage arrays….
From the laces on your shoes to your system’s network, tying things together is your passion. This environmentally consciences Canadian company is looking for a Network Security Specialist to spawn continued company success.
There professional, fast paced environment is looking for a motivated individual who enjoys being a part of the team. If you are looking to learn and advance your career, apply, and join this enlarging and fundamental industry.
Our client is committed to:
- A workspace where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people
- A place where you can apply your skills to some of the world’s most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects
- A space that values the diversity of areas of practice and people
What the Network Security Specialist does:
- Plans, installs and supports hardware and software upgrades; resolves technical issues associated with network and routing protocols at all levels
- Participates in managing the rollout, health, and support of projects related to VMWare, Storage array, and Cisco technologies
- Ensures problems and incidents are resolved and the root cause investigated to prevent any future occurrence
- Ensures that the Company’s network infrastructure and associated systems run smoothly and perform within agreed targets
- Maintains and administers perimeter security systems such as firewalls and intrusion detection systems
- Analyzes, troubleshoots and corrects network problems remotely and on-site
What the company will expect from you:
- Deep understanding of networking, with specific knowledge of Cisco networking gear with special focus on Nexus line of switches, MDS and how to manage Cisco IOS features such as Virtual Port Channels, VLANs, Trunking, ACLs
- Deep understanding of VMware virtualization products and Storage technologies
- Ability to collaborate with teams and employees working across multiple locations and willingness to work in a 24×7 on-call rotation schedule
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, critical thinking with attention to detail and quality
- Strong work ethics with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong customer service focus with sense of urgency relative to resolving critical issues
- Ability to evolve with a rapidly changing environment and anticipate changes in technology
- Degree or diploma in computer science or related discipline
- 5 plus years of experience in IT with focus on WANs, LANs, server hardware, network security hardware and software, virtual environments, and storage arrays
- Experience working in an infrastructure environment supporting an ERP system would be ideal and also Checkpoint, Palo Alto, Fortinet, or similar vendor
- Some experience with any form of automation via tooling or scripting of the infrastructure, security, and configuration management layers
- Experience managing projects and a track record of delivering projects on time and without negative consequences to the business with demonstrated ability to solve problems and improve the efficiency of an organization’s IT infrastructure
- Experience in ITIL practices for incident or change management is preferred
- Linux administration experience with Cisco or VMWare certifications
- Familiarity with configuration management tools (Chef, Powershell, PowerCLI, Puppet, Salt)
- Experience with NSX or a similar software defined networking platform like Cisco ACI
- Experience with information access governance and management tools
- Firewall administration courses and Security certifications.
What you can expect from the company:
- A top tier compensation package
- The opportunity to learn and advance within a company that wants to see you succeed
- Support health & wellness initiatives
If you are interested in the role of Network security specialist, please submit your resume to Marny Barnes by clicking “Apply Now.”
Only candidates already eligible to work in Canada will be reviewed. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Marny Barnes is highly accomplished and passionate, recruiting specifically for IT roles for over seven years. An AIRS Certified Internet Recruiter, she is an expert in applying advanced techniques to source gifted professionals for those hard-to-fill roles.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-10