OverviewThe Headhunters & TempsAhead Manufacturing Engineer Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
The Headhunters & TempsAhead
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Certified Manufacturing or Engineering Technologist, Mechanical or acceptable equivalent of education and/or experience….
Our client is the market leader in its niche area and manufactures, markets and ships its product all over North America. In an organization committed to providing its customers with the highest quality products and aftermarket services throughout the U.S. and Canada, you will be joining the ranks of a high performing and dynamic team with similar values.
As Manufacturing Engineer, you will draw on your skills and past experience to work closely with the production team by providing technical support on issues related to new builds and proto type designs. This is an exciting opportunity to take your career to the next level!
How you will contribute to the success of the company:
- Assists production with the first build of new systems or revisions to existing systems.
- Assists with proto type designs ensuring they are ready prior to go into production.
- Provides point of use routing and assembly sequence for all components through the subassembly and assembly line.
- Prepares proposed design changes or revisions to correct the current design. Reduces the overall cost of production by suggesting and implementing cost reduction projects.
- Assists with audits that measure the bill of material and routing accuracies; identifying root cause of inaccuracies.
- Reviews tooling and fixture needs to improve the assembly process.
- Researches the latest technology and manufacturing practices and introduces these into production.
- Attends Kaizen events where a cross functional team will review given areas and make marked improvements in process.
What the company will expect from you:
- Certified Manufacturing or Engineering Technologist, Mechanical or acceptable equivalent of education and/or experience.
- 1-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing setting – preferably in transportation, automotive or bus industry.
- Training on, or experience with, Autocad and Unigraphics a definite asset.
- Member or eligibility for membership in the Technologist’s Association of Manitoba or equivalent.
- Ability to read and understand blue prints.
- Familiarity/experience in a LEAN, JIT environment.
- Analysis and problem solving, with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Related experience in manufacturing; preference to automotive, transportation or bus; sales and/or customer service experience are definite assets.
- Able to manage multiple simultaneous demands, while meeting deadlines.
What you can expect in return:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits plan including health, dental and vision
If you feel you are the top talent that is needed for this role, please email your resume in confidence to Monique Lashley at mlashley(at)theheadhunters.ca.
Only candidates already eligible to work in Canada will be reviewed.
The Headhunters Recruitment Inc. is one of the largest recruitment firms in Western Canada dedicated to securing top tier performers for employers of choice. Our team of recruitment consultants have years of business and management experience. Each consultant is dedicated to their area of specialty and have a deep level of expertise they share with their vast networks. They understand the balance between technical requirements and the importance of fit. We are the ONLY recruitment firm with an on-staff occupational psychologist providing talent assessments as a value add to those we serve. The results: a better fit for employees and employers, reduced turnover, decreased hiring & training costs, enhanced team morale, and more. Learn about us at www.theheadhunters.ca .
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-17