Employment Type: Full Time
Posted on: 2017-02-11
The Gladstone Hotel Catering & Events Sales Coordinator Full Time in Toronto, ON
The Gladstone Hotel
Branch Toronto ON CA
Catering & Events Sales Coordinator
Ensure the security and confidentiality of guests and hotel information. Co-ordinate with Rooms Department to sell hotel rooms as part of the sale….
Job Title: Events and Catering Sales Representative
Reporting to: General Manager and/or Events and Catering Sales Manager
Date: February 2017
Purpose: Engage with potential clients to convert new business, reengage and maintain repeat clients to deliver on sales to the Hotel. Successful applicants will be aware of all venues and services The Gladstone Hotel offers for clients, while focusing primarily on the catering and venue space sales. This position will have a strong Wedding and Corporate sales component.
- Achieve annual sales quota for Catering Department
- Ensure preparation of sales and bookings revenue information is prepared for weekly revenue maximization meeting in accordance to Gladstone business standards
- Respond to client inquiries to engage client as soon as possible and according to Gladstone business standards (Maximum 24 hours)
- Conduct outbound sales to generate business in low demand periods
- Maintain proper records of repeat clients so as to reengage at appropriate times
- Qualify all inbound inquiries to achieve a win-win sale
- Engage potential clients in tour of the hotel whenever possible
- Prepare proposals and contacts based on Gladstone business standards
- Follow up with clients to convert contracts into sold business
- Identify potential clients, markets and business opportunities to grow revenues
- Co-ordinate with Rooms Department to sell hotel rooms as part of the sale
- Be proficient in understanding The Hotel’s lists of services and pricing structure
- Ensure proper communication with the client in regards to expectations, product and service.
- Once contracts are signed, ensure client requests (as per menus, set-ups, AV requirements and all details of their events) are clearly communicated both in the BEO and to all concerned departments of the hotel
- Meet with clients to conduct site tours and tastings, to ensure proper understanding of their needs and to upsell Gladstone services.
- Provide clear and concise event details to all departments via the BEO Meeting, according to “Gladstone Event Sales Policies and Procedures”
- Communicate and work with all departments to ensure that the customer receives the high levels of service.
- Enforce the hotel’s standards, policies and procedures with regards to event bookings.
- Ensure the proper on-site service is given to clients on the day of their event. This flexible portion of your schedule will be communicated and negotiated weekly with the Catering and Sales Team and the General Manager
- Ensure proper introductions and “pass off” of event conveners, hosts and “point people” to the Operations Team at the beginning of an event
- Ensure proper “after care” of the client and event details, including storage details, billing and posting of accounts and follow up letters etc.
- Ensure the security and confidentiality of guests and hotel information
- Support the Catering and Event Sales Manager and General Manager through the administration of sales contracts and client corresponds, when needed
- To perform any other task as directed by the General Manager and/or Catering and Events Sales Manager.
- 3-5 years experience in similar position
- Post secondary education in hospitality preferred.
- Be able to prioritize and organize work assignments.
- Familiarity with Cater Ease or other similar Event Management system is a requirement.
- Familiarity with Maestro would be an asset.
- Strong leadership skills including ability to problem solve and excellent guest service skills.
- Able to communicate effectively
- Ability to listen effectively and reflectively to client needs in order to achieve win-win contracts
- Strong Verbal and Written communication skills
- Able to work efficiently in fast paced environment and handle stress effectively
- Support the unique business vision and mandate of the Gladstone Hotel
- Support commitment to a “safe space” environment that supports creativity and welcome for diverse communities that The Gladstone supports
- Supporting and Empowering the creativity that clients want to bring to the Gladstone space.
Job Type: Full-time