The Fairmont Empress Junior Server Full Time in Victoria, BC
The Fairmont Empress
Branch Victoria BC CA
In addition, the hotel now boats 464 fully restored guest rooms and suites, Lobby Lounge, reception lobby, function space, Willow Stream Spa, fitness center,…
: Canada-Victoria-The Fairmont Empress
Be an ambassador for the brand and Fairmont Empress as a Junior Server, and be a part of our exciting new restaurant, Q at the Empress. Your warm and engaging service will turn moments into memories for our guests.
Regarded as a Condé Nast Readers’ Choice and Gold List hotel, and honoured with the Travel + Leisure distinction as a top Canadian hotel, the Fairmont Empress graces Victoria’s sparkling Inner Harbour with an iconic presence. This luxury hotel in Victoria, British Columbia, offers 464 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites, and expansive meeting and wedding space adjacent to the Victoria Conference Centre. Located on the picturesque West Coast of Canada, this is the ideal location to explore all the natural beauty of Vancouver Island.
Built in 1908, Fairmont Empress recently underwent a $60M complete restoration, resulting in the addition of a new restaurant and bar, Q at the Empress. In addition, the hotel now boats 464 fully restored guest rooms and suites, Lobby Lounge, reception lobby, function space, Willow Stream Spa, fitness center, and swimming pool.
Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Restaurant Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
Assist guests regarding menu items in an informative and helpful way
Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards
Have full knowledge of beverage lists and promotions
Have full knowledge of all menu items, garnishes, contents and preparation methods
Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of one (1) year recent experience (in the last five years) in a food and beverage related position in a quality establishment
- "Serving It Right" and “Food Safe” certification
- Ability to work well under pressure with strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent organizational skills with a high level of responsibility and commitment
- A team player with proven success in relationship building
- Passion for Food & Beverage
- A commitment to provide excellent service and exceeding expectations
- Completely fluent English language skills; both written and verbal
- Must be empathetic to guest and staff needs and respond with urgency
- Barista knowledge would be an asset
- Ability to observe and detect guest needs
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Professional, with a the ability to adapt to different situations
- An overall positive attitude
- Impeccable grooming and presentation
Note: The position of Junior Server is physically demanding. The successful applicant must be physically capable of performing repetitive work, standing and walking for long periods of time, as well as lifting and carrying heavy loads long distances.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Lifting and carrying of large trays (up to 20 lbs)
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you’ll find exceptional work opportunities – throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific – as well as industry – leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability and Excellence; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award – winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
: 25.May.2018, 1:59:00 AM