OverviewThe Economical Insurance Group Junior or Intermediate Financial Analyst Full Time in Waterloo, ON
The Economical Insurance Group
Branch Waterloo ON CA
Junior or Intermediate Financial Analyst
Economical Insurance is one of Canada’s leading property and casualty insurance companies, but there’s really much more to us than that….
Junior or Intermediate Financial Analyst
Attention New Grads! Are you looking for a dynamic and creative working environment?
With an award-winning focus on learning and personal wellness — not to mention competitive pay— Economical Insurance is a great place to work.
Our culture encourages collaborating and contributing to the company’s success in a meaningful and rewarding way. Flexible hours, volunteer days, recognition programs and a “smart casual” dress code also create an enviable work-life balance here.
Named Canada’s Best General Insurance Company for 2013 and 2014 by World Finance magazine, and consistently placing in the top 20 of Training magazine’s global award winners, Economical Insurance is an industry leader. Economical Insurance is also an approved CPA training office, where the CPA student will gain qualifying practical experience and breadth and depth of competency development.
The Opportunity – Financial Analyst, Accounting
Reporting to the Manager, Westmount Financial, Finance, the Financial Analyst is responsible for providing Finance customers with value-added information and analysis to assist in their decision-making process for managing the day-to-day and long-term business needs of the organization. The FA is also responsible for assisting in the identification of any potential problems or risk areas as well as opportunities that their customers may need to be aware of and act on.
This role requires the utmost professionalism and service levels in meeting the strict deadlines and providing quality service. As such, the FA has strong customer service and communication skills to project the Finance department’s image as a ‘Business Partner.
Who We Are:
Economical Insurance is one of Canada’s leading property and casualty insurance companies, but there’s really much more to us than that. Since our beginnings in 1871, we’ve been an organization that has imagined bigger and better things, inspiring us to take chances and think innovatively.
Our employees are the reason we’ve come as far as we have, and the reason we’ll go much further still. We focus on our customers first, we bring our best, and we’re stronger together.
Who We’re Looking for:
- Goal oriented and highly motivated.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to operational excellence.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Flexible to various demands.
- Ability to meet and remain calm under tight deadlines.
- Strong team player with a focus on team goals.
- Professional, friendly and courteous in all interactions, whether with customers or co-workers.
- Demonstrate a desire to continuously develop knowledge, skill and expertise.
- Providing Finance customers with value-added financial information and analysis to assist in their decision-making process.
- Understanding the customers’ requirements, assisting with the identification of the correct source of data, extracting the data and structuring it in a meaningful way.
- Assisting with the identification of any potential problems or risk areas as well as opportunities that their customers may need to be aware of and act on.
- Preparing timely, accurate and complete financial information (recurring and ad hoc reports) and reports to meet the requirements of Finance Customers.
- Assisting with the preparation of regulatory returns and other statutory filings.
- Assisting with month end, quarter end and year end closes including preparing journal entries and reconciliations.
- Self-review of work prepared for reasonability, accuracy and completeness.
- Assisting the Senior Financial Analyst with ad-hoc requests as they arise.
Your Skills & Experience:
- The FA has a university or college degree in a business, finance or related program.
- The FA is working towards obtaining a CPA accounting designation.
- Ability to work effectively in a team or independently with supervision.
- Strong communication skills.
- Insurance industry experience would be beneficial but is not required.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel.
What You’ll Experience:
- An incredible team of smart, diverse, and supportive people that want to help you be better at what you do
- Great benefits, ongoing education, and competitive pay
- Unexpected perks to keep things fun
How to Apply:
Please be sure to submit your resume directly to the posting through Economical’s career page.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Waterloo, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-01