OverviewThe Economical Insurance Group Claims Customer Service Representative (1 Year contract) Full Time in Vancouver, BC
The Economical Insurance Group
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Claims Customer Service Representative (1 Year contract)
Reporting to the Team Leader – Claims, the Claims Customer Service Representative is responsible for the initial capture and investigation of first-party…
Claims Customer Service Representative
Economical Insurance is currently looking for a Claims Customer Service Representative . Reporting to the Team Leader – Claims, the Claims Customer Service Representative is responsible for the initial capture and investigation of first-party automobile and property claims while maintaining a high level of customer service in a call centre operation.
The function of the Claims Customer Service Representative is to provide prompt, courteous, accurate and fair claims service to all clients, internal and external. The main role is to assist clients in resolving claims while balancing the interests of the company. Candidates must possess good customer service skills, be a strong team player, have attention to detail and maintain integrity in all dealings.
- Receive new claims through an in-bound call centre system and document claims information using Claims tracking systems
- Process claims transactions; assist in the setting up of claim files.
- Monitor claims output and reports as requested.
- Monitor all glass claims and pay approved invoices
- Deal with approved glass shops by arranging repairs and payments.
- Handle comprehensive and hit and run claims as they arise
- Participate in claims projects and other assigned duties as required.
- Contribute to the effective management of WebClaims, faxed notices, and voicemails
- Regularly meet individual targets relating to claims audits, contact volume, and call quality
- Professional, friendly and courteous in all interactions, with both customers and co-workers
- Perform well in a busy environment and remain calm under pressure
- Team player adaptable to a changing environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High School diploma
- Experience working in a customer service capacity is essential
- Experience working in a call centre or insurance environment is preferred
- Professional phone manner
- Proficient computer skills, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Enrollment in C.I.P. Program an asset
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-25