OverviewThe Dow Chemical Company Project Engineer Full Time in Fort Saskatchewan, AB
The Dow Chemical Company
Branch Fort Saskatchewan AB CA
Fort Saskatchewan, AB
Coordinating all design engineering, procurement, and construction activities. Implementing Global Project Methodology and standard engineering work processes….
The successful candidate will be responsible for coordination, organizing and directing the engineering, procurement and construction activities involved in the design of the facilities. They provide input on overall planning and organization of the project to the Project Steering Team during the design and construction of the project. They will represent Dow Engineering Solutions to the Business Partner and have prime responsibility for maintaining satisfied customers and meeting project goals.
This person should understand and coach interlocking steps of the applicable work process across all design disciplines and ensure integration among the involved engineering functions. And ensure that the work processes are applied appropriately in order to achieve the project goals in a safe and environmentally sound manner.
Key job requirements:
• Leadership of the design engineering, procurement and construction team throughout the life of a project
• Work closely with scheduler to initiate, monitor, and update the Master Project Schedule.
• Coordinating, developing, and updating the Project Execution Plan and Plan for Management and Control.
• Coordinating all design engineering, procurement, and construction activities.
• Delivering as built and operations / maintenance documentation to the facility.
• Initiating cost estimates and monitoring project costs.
• Promoting excellent communication with all team members.
• Ensuring compliance with safety principles applicable to the project.
• Ensuring implementation of constructability concepts.
• Implementing Global Project Methodology and standard engineering work processes.
• Ensuring excellent teamwork.
• Documenting key project measurements and learning experiences in the Project Closure Report.
• Identifying and taking corrective action (with appropriate approval) to ensure the project goals for cycle time, cost, and quality are met.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in the Petro Chemical Industry
Qualifications About Dow
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving innovations that extract value from the intersection of chemical, physical and biological sciences to help address many of the world’s most challenging problems such as the need for clean water, clean energy generation and conservation, and increasing agricultural productivity. Dow’s integrated, market-driven, industry-leading portfolio of specialty chemical, advanced materials, agrosciences and plastics businesses delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions to customers in approximately 180 countries and in high-growth sectors such as packaging, electronics, water, coatings and agriculture. In 2014, Dow had annual sales of more than $58 billion and employed approximately 53,000 people worldwide. The Company’s more than 6,000 product families are manufactured at 201 sites in 35 countries across the globe. References to “Dow” or the “Company” mean The Dow Chemical Company and its consolidated subsidiaries unless otherwise expressly noted. More information about Dow can be found at www.dow.com.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Fort Saskatchewan, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-24