OverviewThe Dorchester Director of Administrative Services Full Time in Kelowna, BC
Branch Kelowna BC CA
Director of Administrative Services
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Administrative Services is responsible for providing site administrative support in the areas of employee…
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Administrative Services is responsible for providing site administrative support in the areas of employee time and attendance tracking, payroll, benefits, billing, purchasing and accounting to the Retirement Residence.
- To ensure that duties and functions are carried out in a confidential, efficient, accurate and timely manner, in accordance with Company policies and procedures;
- To ensure that bi-weekly payroll, payroll variance reports are entered into the system for management and non-unionized staff in the site and forwarded to RCAS;
- To ensure Kronos is updated for the site and communicates unresolved issues to Asst. ED or site designate;
- To ensure payroll is completed in accordance with Revera deadlines, and report any site level issues to ED;
- To maintain resident and employee personnel records and prepares reports as required;
- To oversee the billing system and the maintenance of the resident trust accounts;
- To properly complete invoice package for office purchases, to be approved by the Executive Director;
- To monitor vacation, sick and stat banks for the site – send report to RCAS;
- To ensure all billing data is entered accurately and in a timely manner;
- To ensure that Health & Safety policies, practices, standards and legislated/regulated requirements are in place & always maintained;
- To uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera’s Code of Conduct;
- To complete other duties as assigned.
- Certificate or Diploma in Business Accounting or Administration or equivalent courses or experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Windows, Excel and common computer applications. Excellent keyboarding skills required.
- Knowledge of emPath, JD Edwards and/or Yardi operating systems is an asset.
- Proficiency in a second language is considered an asset and may be a requirement in certain regions.
- Skill and experience in office administration.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent time management.
- Experience working in a Retirement Residence, or seniors’ environment.
- Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Screening (VPS).
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Kelowna, BC, CA
Posted on: 2014-12-17