OverviewThe City of Red Deer Records Management Classifier Temporary in Red Deer, AB
The City of Red Deer
Branch Red Deer AB CA
Records Management Classifier
Red Deer, AB
RMCL – Records Management Classifier.pdf 27.8 kb Download. A Records Management Diploma or Records designation is an asset….
Implement the Corporate Records & Information Management program in all City business units, applying established records guidelines, policies and procedures to all records including paper, electronic and other media to assist departments in achieving corporate consistency and global compliance.
- Grade 12 supplemented by one (1) year experience performing records management duties including classifying, indexing, inactivating and applying retention to records in paper and/or electronic environments.
- Demonstrated ability to understand records policies and procedures and apply the corporate records program across unique business units.
- Demonstrated ability to select pertinent information from documents created by others and use this information in the classification of the document.
- Ability to evaluate and suggest changes to department procedures, the Retention, Disposition & File Classification system, and to records management policies.
- Ability to create and manipulate electronic folder structures to comply with records standards.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Skilled in typing and creating electronic documents using a variety of computer software programs
- Proficient at working independently with minimal supervision, using initiative to complete projects in an environment of constant interruptions.
- Ability to prioritize multiple simultaneous duties and organize workload efficiently.
- A Records Management Diploma or Records designation is an asset.
- Experience in a municipal environment is an asset.
- Capable of lifting boxes of medium weight, approximately 25 lbs.
Affiliation: Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 417
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.,75 hours biweekly.
Note: This is a Term position ending approximately November 2015.
*Please noted that more than one position may be filled with this posting.*
RMCL – Records Management Classifier.pdf
Applications are being accepted until April 06, 2015
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Red Deer, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-21