OverviewThe City of Red Deer EL&P Administrative Assistant Full Time in Red Deer, AB
The City of Red Deer
Branch Red Deer AB CA
EL&P Administrative Assistant
Red Deer, AB
Experience with on-line entry of purchase orders, customer invoices and work orders would be an asset….
Responsible for responding, directing, and often resolving internal and external customer service requests for the Electric Light and Power Department. Provide diverse administrative accounting and clerical support at a senior level to staff in a complex, time sensitive work environment while maintaining a functioning business office. Responsible for time entry administration and records management.
- Grade 12
- Office administration diploma or course work preferred.
- At least one year of experience performing administrative duties, preferably in a municipal environment, to provide familiarity with terminology, and enable the incumbent to successfully respond to a high volume of calls and inquiries.
- Ability to work independently using initiative to complete projects and prioritize duties and workload efficiency in a multi-tasking office environment.
- Competent with Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word. Knowledge of basic office procedures and equipment.
- Experience with on-line entry of purchase orders, customer invoices and work orders would be an asset. (JDE)
- Experience with on-line entry of service orders and meter inventory system would be an asset.
- Ability to communicate courteously and concisely, both verbally and in writing, with staff and the public, often with considerable distraction. Ability to recognize the priority of calls and requests from the field and the public and respond appropriately.
- Knowledge of the City of Red Deer geography and the City organization including bylaws, procedures and terminology would be advantageous when responding to calls, inquiries, and complaints.
Specific Demands of the Job:
- Maintain a working knowledge of various laws and regulations that apply to various aspects of the position, including but not limited to: Alberta Settlement System Code (Rule 21) and the Canada Electricity and Gas Inspection Act and regulations.
- Decision making ability to respond to urgent and emergency situations within a defined time limit. – Ability to take independent initiative and handle various tasks using discretion and resourcefulness.
- Errors in judgment may result in loss of revenue, customer credits or penalties from government agencies such as Measurement Canada or the Alberta Utilities Commission.
- Maintain a high level of interpretive and analytical troubleshooting skills.
- Maintain a high level of concentration and ability to work with constant interruptions and occasional emergency situations in a highly variable work environment.
- The ability to accurately select pertinent statements from discussions at safety meetings to develop accurate minutes.
- Strong attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to work proficiently in many different software applications and data bases.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality due to sensitive nature of information.
- Ability to manage a heavy workload with competing priorities.
- Provide support for some other sections of the department.
- Knowledge and understanding of numerous City bylaws, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of numerous outside agencies and their terms, conditions and regulations pertaining to the utility.
- Excellent keyboarding skills.
- Some physical effort, bending, kneeling and lifting.
Affiliation: IBEW, Local 254
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 80 hours biweekly.
Please Note: The term of this position is anticipated to be 9 months
ELAD – ELP Administrative Assistant.pdf
Applications are being accepted until December 09, 2016
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Red Deer, AB, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-06