OverviewThe Associates Group Human Resources General Labourer Contract in Ottawa, ON
The Associates Group Human Resources
Branch Ottawa ON CA
Provide move services and general labor services in assistance to other trades. Must be able to lift and carry supplies, materials and tools continually…
Our government client is currently seeking a qualified candidate for a General Labourer position:
Typical duties may include, but are not limited to:
· Provide labor services for tearing down, drywall, doors, frames, ceilings, and concrete in accordance with the engineered drawings.
· Responsible for the daily cleanup of the construction job site and the separation of demolished materials into the proper recycle and garbage bins.
· Responsible for providing time lines for jobs prior to the start of the tear down of each project and for managing their time to ensure delivery of demolished and cleaned spaces in accordance with the overall schedule.
· Provide move services and general labor services in assistance to other trades.
· Secondary school diploma is required
· Minimum of three ( 3) years of relevant experience is required
· Must have ( 3) years of recent relevant experience in working on a commercial construction job site
· Must have ( 5) years of recent experience in reading cut sheets, architectural drawings, and specifications
· Must have ( 5) years recent experience in performing construction work in the form of demolition, and waste management
· Must have ( 3) years of recent experience assembling scaffolding
· Must provide valid certificates for the following: WHIMS, Fall protection, Asbestos awareness, Chain Saw Safety, Power Actuator Operator Certificate, and Occupational Health and Safety Association Certification
· Must be able to lift and carry supplies, materials and tools continually throughout the day, for periods varying from a few minutes to half an hour.
· Must be willing and able to work extended hours and weekends
· Must be able to stand and work on a ladder for periods of time varying from a few minutes to several hours
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-10-31