OverviewThe AIM Group Junior Architectural Technologist – Canada Contract in Winnipeg, MB
The AIM Group
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Junior Architectural Technologist – Canada
Eligible for a government of Canada secret clearance. Obtain physical and technical (architectural, mechanical, electrical, civil and structural) information of…
LENGTH: Long Term Contract
Drafting serviceson project design, development, construction and technical support services as well as to maintainas built drawings for the architectural, mechanical and electrical disciplines
- Conduct preliminary investigation of proposed and existing major and minor works, construction projects, upgrades, renovations and repairs for the development of conceptual drawings and estimates.
- Prepare preliminary sketches, concept designs, layouts, complete working and as-built drawings for additions and/or renovations to existing buildings using advanced AutoCAD technologies for all disciplines
- Develop material estimates; recommend project requirements; develop specifications; and conduct on-site inspections during construction.
- Must be able to create drawings with layering standards on a computer assisted drawing system.
- Make recommendations related to checking project documents and the work of other Contractors with respect to adherence to project management.
- Review and evaluate work prepared and retained for various stages of facility development.
- Develop visualisation using techniques such as wire frame models, complex, fully rendered 3-D Modelling and Animation, High-end Multi-Media, AutoDesk, and AutoCAD applications.
- Conduct site investigations to obtain information or to review and evaluate completed work and to revise drawings where necessary.
- Obtain physical and technical (architectural, mechanical, electrical, civil and structural) information of buildings and other space information with the use of Windows and Microsoft Office.
- Produce professional drawings as they relate to mechanical, structural and electrical disciplines
- Diploma or Degree in Mechanical/Architectural technology or drafting
- Minimum 2 years experience with AutoCAD for architectural, mechanical and electrical drafting
- Knowledge of Canadian building codes and standards an asset
- Eligible for a government of Canada secret clearance
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-01