OverviewThales Validation Specialist Full Time in Burnaby, BC
Branch Burnaby BC CA
& Transport markets. Field environment, travel is required for site activities. Prepares test reports which record the pass,….
is a global technology leader for the Defence & Security and the Aerospace & Transport markets. The company generated revenues of €14bn annually. It employs over 65,000 employees in 50 countries. Leveraging a global network of more than 22,000 high-level researchers while investing 17% of its revenue into Research & Development, Thales offers an unmatched capability to develop and deploy critical information systems.
Established in 1972, Thales Canada is a leading electronic solutions provider for the Transportation, Defence & Security, and Aerospace sectors. Thales Canada employs 1,400 staff across main sites located in Montreal, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto and Vancouver.
Thales is known for its commitment
to employees, outlined in its human resources policy: Thales Together . Staff enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as opportunities to develop professionally, and define their career paths.
If you have a passion for innovation and are interested in joining a dynamic, fast-paced team, Thales may be the right fit for you. Currently, we have an opening for a:
Position Title: Validation Specialist
Department: Validation & Verification
The Validation specialist will be responsible to: prepares test plans, procedures and reports with the guidance and supervision of more senior staff; perform tests in-plant and at project sites in accordance with established test plans and procedures; prepare problem reports describing test failures and defects; prepare test automation scripts.
Main Responsibilities: · Develops and maintains test plans, procedures and test cases that establish accept/reject criteria
· Performs tests in plant and at project sites
· Prepares test reports which record the pass, fail status of planned tests and identify problems reports generated during the tests
· Acquires product knowledge through active participation in formal, and on the job training, as well as self-study
· Prepares trip or test reports upon completion of field assignments
· Prepares problem reports in the defect tracking system describing test failures and defects
· Provides recommendations for the resolution of test problems
· Perform engineering studies of assigned system functions
· Conduct test case analysis on assigned functions
· Create accurate and concise test procedures
· Conduct test execution within the laboratory and field environment, travel is required for site activities
· Consistently recognise anomalous system behaviour and document the behaviour into the problem tracking system
· Conduct initial review of test results through incorporating analysis of collected data with observed system responses
· Communicate test observation and results in both oral and written media to other engineering staff, superiors and customers
· Adhere to the company’s Processes and Work Instructions
Key Skills and Qualifications: · B.A. Sc in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering or equivalent.
· Minimum 3 years of industry related experience
· Computer literacy including word processing, spreadsheet, and databases is essential.
· The ability to special application software such as problem tracking, requirement management and parsing software is a significant asset
· Knowledge of transit rail system and particularly SELTRAC products is a significant asset
· Demonstrated competence of English language skills (written and oral)
· Understanding of System Engineering principles, life cycle models, and requirements analysis
· Test Automation and Scripting knowledge
If this opportunity interests you, please visit www.thalesgroup.com/careers/ and apply using our e-staffing tool. Thales thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thales is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applicants from the four designated groups (women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and aboriginals) to apply for employment. At Thales, we provide accessibility to people with disabilities. Should you require accommodations, please consult with your recruitment office and they will work with you to make any adjustments that best suit your individual needs. Should you wish to view a copy of our policy click here.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Burnaby, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-17