OverviewTextron Project Engineer (Junior/Intermediate Level) Full Time in Montréal, QC
Branch Montréal QC CA
Project Engineer (Junior/Intermediate Level)
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent. The creation of engineering plans and schedules. The Project Engineer will serve as the primary technical…
Textron Inc. is a multi-industry company that leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna, Beechcraft, Hawker, Jacobsen, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Greenlee, and Textron Systems. For more information visit: www.textron.com.
TRU Simulation + Training Inc., a Textron Inc. company delivers innovative high-fidelity aviation simulation and training solutions to the commercial and military markets while providing superior technical support and customer service. TRU Simulation + Training lines of business include Air Transport Simulation, Business & Military Simulation, Mission & Maintenance Training, and Training Centers & Services. Headquartered in Goose Creek, SC (Charleston), TRU Simulation + Training has locations near Tampa, Florida, Montreal Quebec, Canada, and San Diego, CA.
Under the authority of a Senior Project Engineer and/or the Vice President of Engineering, the Project Engineer will be involved in the technical specification, design and management of cross disciplinary engineering projects. He/she will actively participate in the conceptual, planning and execution phases of the projects to which he/she is assigned. In addition to carrying out various project monitoring and control activities, the retained candidate will assist with (and eventually be responsible for) the definition and documentation of project requirements; the delegation of project requirements to the appropriate engineering departments; the creation of engineering plans and schedules. The Project Engineer will serve as the primary technical interface between engineering departments and actively work with engineering personnel to resolve technical challenges.
- Meet with internal/external customers and work with the Senior Project Engineer to define and document project requirements.
- Work with the Senior Project Engineer to establish project plans and schedules.
- Work with engineering personnel in order to ensure that technical requirements are properly understood and ultimately fulfilled.
- Communicate to the Senior Project Engineer and/or the VP Engineering all pertinent technical developments/issues related to the assigned projects.
- Author project status/progress reports.
- Author and/or coordinate the creation of technical documentation.
- Act as the principal point of contact between Engineering and external departments (i.e. Program Management, Bids and Proposals, Validation and Qualification, etc.)
- 2-7 years of relevant work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent. Master’s degree an asset.
- Engineering experience within the aerospace industry desired but not required.
- Experience leading a team an asset.
- Experience with the development and/or modeling/simulation of aircraft systems and avionics a strong asset.
- Experience dealing with aviation and/or flight training a strong asset.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project an asset.
- Knowledge of programming (C/C++, C#, Python, etc.) an asset.
- Knowledge of engineering tools (CAD, Matlab, Visual Studio, etc.) an asset.
- Knowledge of project management techniques an asset.
TRU Simulation & Training Systems
05/18/2015, 8:27:00 AM
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-19