OverviewTextron 2015 Intern – Quality Control Internship in Montréal, QC
Branch Montréal QC CA
2015 Intern – Quality Control
Work with the production and quality assurance teams to steer operators in regard to the accuracy of the manufacturing process….
Perform inspections, control of incoming materials , parts and components used in the manufacturing and final inspection in the department of fabrication of mechanical parts.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Make the dimensional and visual check on machined parts, folded pieces of sheet metal.
- Learn and master the use of dimensional measurement tools
- Perform calibration and maintenance of measuring instruments (occasionally)
- Make decisions (Acceptance / Editing / Reject) following the inspection of components, finished or semi-finished as required.
- Properly document the results of inspections.
- Keep all controlled documents in accordance with required procedure.
- Evaluate problems and make recommendations as to possible corrective actions to follow.
- Work with the production and quality assurance teams to steer operators in regard to the accuracy of the manufacturing process.
- Follow up on indicators (Defects detected in production)
- Pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering or other Engineering degree
- Experience in quality control of mechanical inspection
- Working knowledge of measuring instruments
- Familiar with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Knowledge of problem solving methods is recommended (5S, PDCA, FMEA)
TRU Simulation & Training Systems
01/23/2015, 1:36:59 PM
Employment Type: Internship
Location: Montréal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-24