OverviewTetra Tech Structural 3D Designer Full Time in Vancouver, BC
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Structural 3D Designer
A Diploma in Applied Science Technology and/or training in 3D computer modelling. STRUCTURAL 3D DESIGNER….
STRUCTURAL 3D DESIGNER
Be part of a team that thinks long-term about you!
Tetra Tech a multi-discipline team of specialists geared toward providing superior frontline consulting engineering services. With a progressive business like ours, it is important to be innovative with your thinking and committed to embracing new ideas. Long-term planning means acting quickly today. When it comes to engaging the best talent, we know that respect goes a long way. Our environment is one where your contribution counts and you have the opportunity to make a real impact. If you thrive in a collaborative, professional atmosphere, you’ll enjoy a strong sense of camaraderie among our talented team.
Reporting to the Civil Structural Engineering Discipline Manager, the successful candidate will work with other Tetra Tech team members in the delivery of company project initiatives related to structural engineering design and drafting. The ideal candidate enjoys working as a team player in an office environment and seeing the work followed-through during onsite visits.
• Produce structural engineering 3D models and 2D construction drawings using AutoCad and/or Microstation software for industrial structural infrastructure such as steel racks and supports, building envelope and accessories, concrete foundations, concrete and steel piles, stairs, platforms and ladders, as well as produce material quantity take offs
• Manipulate and manage electronic survey data received from others for the purposes of design and drafting
• Organize electronic and hardcopy drawing and related data files
• Determine project design requirements including layouts, client design standards and specifications
• Ensure work is checked in accordance with Tetra Tech and Client Standards & Procedures
• Adhere to all health and safety policies and guidelines of Tetra Tech and the client
• Site visits to collect field information. Travel may be required with occasional one day trips
• Three to five years of related experience as a structural designer or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Must have experience with industrial concrete & steel design and detailing, and be competent with AutoDesk & ProSteel software.
• Proficiency with Bentley Microstation is an asset.
• Ability to collaborate with multidiscipline stakeholders and lead 3D modelling development
• Able to work with flexibility while maintaining high standards and quality work
• Strong interpersonal skills required for internal team interfaces and client liaison
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Well organized and able to work independently
• Capable of working in a fast paced environment on project ranging from studies to detailed design
• Work experience in the heavy industrial, infrastructure or transportation sectors considered an asset
• A Diploma in Applied Science Technology and/or training in 3D computer modelling
Think Tetra Tech
Tetra Tech is a dynamic, multi-discipline team of specialists with a different approach to consulting engineering. We focus on building long-term relationships with our clients by combining the intimate front-line service of a small consulting firm with the depth of experience of a larger company. Tetra Tech OGD has provided engineering services to industry for over 35 years and as part of the Tetra Tech family, is now exposed to an even more diverse array of projects.
We continually help build and strengthen our community by encouraging social activities and promoting health and wellness amongst our team.
• Stable, challenging and satisfying work
• Excellent benefits package
• Competitive compensation
• Professional Development
• Active and engaging corporate culture
• Focused on work life balance
Job : Structural
Primary Location : Canada-BC-CA-Vancouver
Organization : 719 OGD
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 23, 2017, 4:43:40 PM
Job Closing Date : Ongoing
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-24