OverviewTesla Motors Shop Foreman – Montreal, QC Full Time in Montréal, QC
Branch Montréal QC CA
Shop Foreman – Montreal, QC
Certification to repair A/C systems and handle refrigerant. Methods, techniques, parts, tools and materials used in the maintenance and repair of vehicles…
Tesla’s goal is to accelerate the world’s transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs, as well as EV powertrain components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler. Model S is the world’s first premium sedan to be engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle. Model S was named Motor Trend’s prestigious 2013 Car of the Year, achieved the best safety score of any car ever tested by the NHTSA, and Consumer Reports is calling it the best car it has ever tested.
Tesla Motors is committed to hiring and developing top talent from across the world for any given discipline. Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional automotive product development philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure, and technical contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. These jobs are not for everyone, you must have a genuine passion for producing the best vehicles in the world. Without passion, you will find what we’re trying to do too difficult.
Tesla Motors is looking for an experienced Shop Foreman to work on one of the most progressive vehicles in the world. This position is customer facing, so personality and technical ability go hand in hand. Excellent Oral and Written communication required. If you are interested in driving a positive customer experience, we are interested in speaking with you. We are looking for self-motivated team players with a positive attitude! We seek individuals who value customer satisfaction. The Shop Foreman will provide communication to our customers on maintenance and repair needs that are identified during service. He/She will assist the local service manager in managing the Local Service Operations as well as providing active technical support in the store. It is a hands-on management role.
- Manage service team, work flow and scheduling
- Performs Service Writing and counsel
- Manages warranty and cost savings
- Performs Master Technician work in the inspection, repair, and service of Tesla electric vehicles.
- Operate a variety of hand, power, and shop tools
- Perform equipment inspections, adjustments and maintenance
- Maintain records of time, materials and work performed
- Order shop supplies
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Methods, techniques, parts, tools and materials used in the maintenance and repair of vehicles including testing, diagnosis, HVAC service, hydraulic, brakes, testing and repair of electronic systems and modules.
- Operation and maintenance of a wide variety of hand and power tools, shop tools, test equipment.
- Automotive equipment and servicing methods
- Extensive skill and experience using scan tools, following diagnostics and operating scopes/DVOM equipment
- Chemicals and lubricants used in automotive servicing
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work, including the public.
- Perform daily record keeping and reporting
- Effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines
- Work in a team-based environment and achieve common goals
- Maintain and perform top level professional integrity and appearance as an automotive technician
- 2 – 5 years of Shop Foreman experience
- 2- 5 years of Service Writing experience.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent and an Associate Degree in Automotive Technology from an accredited institution or equivalent experience
- 3-5 yrs. experience in a dealership environment.
- ASE certifications A1-A8
- Hybrid Experience a Bonus
- Factory Trained Master Status / OEM Training
- Certification to repair A/C systems and handle refrigerant
- Valid driver’s license and insurance required
Tesla is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-11