OverviewTervita Corporation Seasonal Site Supervisor, Environmental Services – Winnipeg, MB Temporary in Winnipeg, MB
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Seasonal Site Supervisor, Environmental Services – Winnipeg, MB
Basic mechanical knowledge and competency with respect to the maintenance and servicing of heavy duty equipment….
Tervita is a leading environmental solutions provider. Our integrated earth, water, waste and resource solutions deliver safe and efficient results through all phases of a project by minimizing impact, maximizing returns.™ Our dedicated employees are trusted sustainability partners to oil and gas, construction, mining, government and communities. Safety is our highest priority: it influences our actions and shapes our culture.
Why Work for Tervita?
- Competitive wages and comprehensive benefit plan
- Opportunities for career growth
- Industry – leading experience
- A culture that puts safety first
The Site Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the workforce and equipment for assigned project(s), ensuring the most skilled individuals with adequate qualifications are working on sites with the right equipment to complete the projects in a timely manner.
As this position is based in Winnipeg, MB, the successful candidate would need to be within one hour of Winnipeg.
TERVITA Environmental Services is a leading provider of environmental and decommissioning solutions. Our comprehensive services are backed by our strong corporate infrastructure, dedicated personnel, extensive project experience and our specialized equipment assets. Our commitment to safety and our track record for providing our clients with professional and compliant services make us a preferred contractor and service provider to major corporations and government agencies.
- Leading by example and driving of all Tervita safety policies and procedures including your personal and teams’ Personal Safety Contracts
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with the safety department
- Arrange and partakes in safety related meetings
- Coordinate and oversee all site crew including site foremen, operators, labourers, flaggers and contractors
- Coordinate and oversee all third-party vendors coming on to site
- Ensure that all purchases or orders have the correct job specific PO
- Enter all costs (including estimates) on a daily basis
- Enter all labour and equipment hours on a daily basis
- Run a weekly payroll report and submit by 11 am each Monday am
- Run Cost reports to determine if project is still on target
- Ensure pre-operational checks on equipment and supplies are being conducted
- Ensure equipment operators are keeping equipment clean, lubricated and fueled and general site housekeeping is being maintained
- Ensure safety fences / markings are all in place
- Notify Superintendent or any required repair work to be done
Various Other Tasks
- Liaise with the Project Manager to ensure work is being carried out according to the scope of work and bid or client PO
- Drive a crew truck to and from site as required
- Operate equipment if required
- Minimum of 5 years’ industry related work experience or demonstrated competency
- Strive every day to improve our safety culture in order to protect the well-being of our colleagues, our clients and the environment around us
- Ability to complete safety documentation in an accurate and timely manner
- Ability to assist/mentor crew members in developing written Job Safety Analysis that addresses their worksite hazards
- Ability to consistently act as a leader and a role model with respect to Tervita’s Health & Safety Program, on and off the work site
- An understanding of the legal obligations of an individual in a supervisory role with respect to the relevant provincial safety laws and legislation
- Ability to liaison with customers, suppliers, subcontractors and consultants, along with ability to diplomatically resolve any issues and/or concerns that may occur
- Ability to build relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Excellent supervisory and conflict resolution skills
- Basic mechanical knowledge and competency with respect to the maintenance and servicing of heavy duty equipment
- Ability to organize and supervise subcontractors
- Ability to schedule work in an organized and efficient manner
- Ability to supervise and organize several work crews on a complex site
- Strong work ethic and willingness to persevere through difficult weather conditions, challenging work site environments and long demanding work days
- Willingness to work away from home for significant blocks of time, moving from project to project as required
- Willingness to respond on short notice to Emergency Response calls and worksite problem areas as required and accept long demanding days at the assigned site
- Fit-for-Work each day
- Strong computer skills with ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Outlook and Windows
- Valid and current Class 5 Driver’s License
Tervita Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or Provincial law or local ordinance.
Applicants who are extended an employment offer will be required to complete a pre-employment check. All employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of this pre-employment process.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2018-04-05