OverviewTervita Corporation Logistics Coordinator, Metals Recycling (Temporary Mat Leave) – Red Deer, AB Temporary in Red Deer, AB
Branch Red Deer AB CA
Logistics Coordinator, Metals Recycling (Temporary Mat Leave) – Red Deer, AB
Red Deer, AB
Reporting to the Logistics Supervisor, the Logistics Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating and supporting the Logistics team….
Tervita is a leading environmental solutions provider. Our integrated earth, water, waste and resource solutions deliver safe and efficient results through all phases of a project by minimizing impact, maximizing returns.™ Our dedicated employees are trusted sustainability partners to oil and gas, construction, mining, government and communities. Safety is our highest priority: it influences our actions and shapes our culture.
Reporting to the Logistics Supervisor, the Logistics Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating and supporting the Logistics team.
This position is a temporary Mat Leave coverage for approximately 1 year and is based at the Metals Recycling facility located in Red Deer, Alberta.
- Day to day shipment duties
- Coordinating trucks and railcars
- Working with vendors
- Coordinating and maintaining accurate data and information
- Follow established Shipping and Purchase Order Placement procedures
- Data entry
- File data and perform other routine clerical tasks as assigned and for other departments as needed
- 1-2 years of related experience
- Post-secondary education in a field related to Logistics is preferred
- Basic accounting knowledge would be considered an asset
- Record management experience would be an asset
- Previous experience with PeopleSoft or a different Oracle based platform would be a definite asset
- Intermediate working knowledge of software applications; Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong attention to detail
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal, written communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to provide consistent levels of customer service to internal and external clients
- Ability and willingness to work positively within a team
Tervita Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or Provincial law or local ordinance.
Applicants who are extended an employment offer will be required to complete a pre-employment check. All employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of this pre-employment process.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Red Deer, AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-24