OverviewTemporary Staff Pharmacist Marystown NF #1026 in Marystown, NL
Branch Marystown NL CA
Temporary Staff Pharmacist Marystown NF #1026
profiles, charge system files, inventories, etc. • Ensure proper storage of pharmaceutical products. • Review records and reports to determine compliance with…
The Pharmacist assists the Pharmacy Manager in all aspects of Pharmacy Operations.
An individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Administer, support and represent the core corporate values of Respect for the Individual, Service to our Customer and Striving for Excellence.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and follow all practices consistent with the Privacy Act.
- Maintain a high level of customer service and patient care in the Pharmacy.
o Greeting and thanking every Customer,
o Locating merchandise on the sales floor,
o Advising customers on the selection of medication brands, medical equipment and health-care supplies.
o Offering health promotion and prevention activities, for example, training people to use devices such as blood pressure or diabetes monitors.
- Establish and develop a strong working relationship with Division Management and Professional Services District Manager.
- Manage workflow in the dispensary.
- Accept prescriptions or refill requests from Customers, Doctors or Hospitals.
- Ensure all prescriptions are filled accurately, efficiently and safely.
- Provide information and advice regarding administration, usage, drug interactions, side effects, dosage and proper medication storage.
- Maintain customer medication profiles and records, including but not limited to pharmacy files, patient profiles, charge system files, inventories, etc.
- Ensure proper storage of pharmaceutical products.
- Review records and reports to determine compliance with Company operational expectations.
- Operate Pharmacy computer, register equipment and other assigned tools.
- Protecting company assets.
An individual must be proficient in each of the competencies listed below to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position.
Customer/Patient Centered: Actively strives to provide excellent customer service. Seeks to meet customer needs and demands. Remains calm and professional. Reviews inquiries from internal/external customers and takes action to remedy the situation.
Energy: The internal drive to be active and get things done; to have sustained energy to accomplish work tasks. This includes the ability to work vigorously toward a goal or objective and to work wholeheartedly with constant determination.
Initiative: Being willing to take action on self-identified job responsibilities and challenges. Refers to the degree to which one jumps into action and seeks out challenges without waiting to be told. It refers to the tendency to be proactive and act versus doing only what one is told to do.
Leadership: A willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction. It refers to the degree to which one is assertive, persuasive, enthusiastic, and willing to take charge. It refers to the ability to commit to inspire others to action and to pursue team goals with vigour and urgency.
Optimism: Having a predisposition to experience positive states, such as joy and happiness and the expectation that one will experience good outcomes in life.
Judgment: The degree to which one is able to analyze typical business problems and determine appropriate courses of action. It refers to “street smarts,” or what is often called “common sense,” and to the ability to differentiate between effective and ineffective solutions to common problems.
Critical Thinking: It refers to the ability to analyze problems, integrate information from a variety of sources, and to think problems through critically, looking at all possibilities.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Basic Reading Skills: Ability to understand the meaning of written or printed matter and to record information by inscribing characters or symbols.
Verbal Communication Skills: Ability to communicate effectively to maximize accuracy in the delivery of patient care.
Temporary Staff Pharmacist – Marystown, NF #1026
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Marystown, NL, CA
Posted on: 2014-07-12