OverviewTELUS Communications Strategic Sourcing Manager – Procurement (Real Estate & Mobile Technology) Full Time in Vancouver, BC
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Strategic Sourcing Manager – Procurement (Real Estate & Mobile Technology)
Paralegal or an LLB would be a definite asset. Ability to foster and motivate cross functional team engagement when leading and negotiating major transactions….
The Strategic Sourcing Manager (SSM) is an individual contributor role within the Technology Strategy Vendor Management team. The SSM has accountability for developing sourcing strategies and providing leadership in the strategic procurement of marketing services. In addition, the SSM is responsible for managing key strategic vendors, including driving value for money and ongoing supplier performance, as well as coordinating efforts between internal stakeholders and the vendor account teams to meet business objectives.
The SSM will use their market knowledge to develop and deploy world-class approaches to spend management while utilizing e-procurement tools to deliver cost reduction. Additionally, the SSM will provide counsel and coaching to Vendor Manager and other team members.
The SSM will also be responsible for negotiating, drafting, administering and managing commercial contracts associated with mobile technologies and real estate categories
The SSM is accountable for a portfolio of assigned vendors with a primary expectation to: deliver on vendor negotiations driving value for money; develop and execute strategic sourcing strategies; take a leadership role on large, cross functional teams for the purpose of preparing and executing competitive bidding (RFX) events; perform spend category intelligence and analytics; lead contract negotiation, drafting and administration and perform ongoing vendor performance monitoring and evaluation.
- Solid understanding of negotiation theory, strategies and practices
- Knowledge and experience relating to marketing and advertising services
- Solid understanding of strategic sourcing concepts and best practices
- Understanding of contract law including completion of related courses
- Knowledge of financial principles and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements an asset
Required Skills & Abilities:
- High degree of business ethics and accountability
- Strong business and financial acumen – including proven experience in structuring deals, drafting legal agreements, risk mitigation and skilled negotiations
- Ability to maintain perspective and confidence in face of difficult contract negotiations, tight deadlines and client expectations
- Ability to engage effectively with all levels of management in TELUS and Vendor organizations to lead the management of TELUS’ relationships with key strategic level vendors
- Excellent problem solving, strategic thinking and planning skills
- Proven ability to analyze complex, often ambiguous, data and produce comprehensive recommendations and proposals
- Spirited team player with the ability to work as a positive role model and catalyst for change
- Ability to foster and motivate cross functional team engagement when leading and negotiating major transactions
- Competency with Microsoft office suite of tools, e-contract management and competitive bidding tools an asset; specifically, experience with ARIBA and SAP Contract Life Cycle Management (CLM) and e-sourcing tools an asset
Required Professional Designation/Certification:
- Bachelor degree required – in Business/Commerce, MBA, LLB, Engineering, or Supply Chain management preferred
- Professional designation in Supply Chain Management or equivalent preferred (SCMP/CPP, ISM) or equivalent); willingness to complete these designations as a part of your career development
- Professional designations in project management (PMI), negotiations, finance, business analytics, consulting, professional negotiations; paralegal or an LLB would be a definite asset
- 5+ years of experience in a related role (e.g. vendor manager, vendor relationship manager, strategic sourcing and supply chain professional, supply chain management professional)
- 5+ years of business relationship management skills such as consulting and strategic level business development
- Extensive experience structuring, writing, and editing legal contracts with large complex organizations
- Experience in management of long-term vendor relationships including providing feedback on performance metrics and deliverables over time is required
- Commodity management, including procurement and extensive experience in competitive bidding processes including leading RFX processes end to end in highly organized, collaborative and successful fashion
- 5 to 10 years proven experience structuring deals and leading product or service contract negotiations
- 5+ years managing executive-level business relationships and leading collaborative cross functional teams
Who is TELUS?
We’re a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
The TELUS team is as diverse as the society we live in and the customers we serve. We’re also passionate about creating success for our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our team. And we do so by living the TELUS values and delivering on our Customers First commitments .
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Primary Location : CA-BC-Vancouver
Other Locations : CA-ON-Toronto
Schedule : Full-time
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2016-06-03