Employment Type: Full Time
Posted on: 2018-05-23
TELUS Communications Software Developer & Analyst (Geospatial Development & Support Team) Full Time in Burnaby, BC
Branch Burnaby BC CA
Software Developer & Analyst (Geospatial Development & Support Team)
You will partner with key business stakeholders and internal and external development team members (project manager, architects, analysts, developers, vendors…
Are you technically confident, willing to broaden/challenge your technical expertise and business acumen through strategic initiatives while leveraging leading edge technologies?
Join our team!
Be a part of our innovative transformational journey with leading edge technologies (geo-spatial, network asset management, augmented reality and smart home)! The Geo-spatial Information System (GIS) client development and support team is looking for qualified and passionate IT professional who can work as a Developer Analyst III.
The team is expanding capabilities of GIS services and target users to improve business operations and quality of service by leveraging leading edge technologies, standards and open tool sets.
We are using off the shelf GIS product built on top of the Apache/Tomcat/Geo server and Postgres database.
Areas of focus within the team are:
- Geospatial Data Management: Aggregating multiple sources of data within TELUS starting from network inventory to assurance/emergency response (i.e. fire & flood)
- Expand geo-analytic functionalities
- Improve and simplify mobile platform and integrate with other major applications
- Prepare adoption of leading edge technologies (i.e. augmented reality, voice activation, cloud sourcing, geo-fencing)
- The goal of the team is to enable business stakeholders (i.e. new service introduction, efficiency improvement) through on-going software development projects and operations
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together!
You will play an important role to enable TELUS stakeholders throughout the software development cycle working with stakeholders and project team members (architects, developers, vendor and offshore partners).
You’re a strategic thinker with balanced business acumen and technical expertise for realizing business needs through software projects and operations. You will partner with key business stakeholders and internal and external development team members (project manager, architects, analysts, developers, vendors and offshore partners) to drive key geo-spatial strategic and transformational initiatives. The GIS client team is essential to major transformational initiatives and expanding capabilities and user within TELUS.
- Validate business needs/requirement and to perform feasibility assessment working with business system analyst and architect
- Prime and/or support analysis, design, test, production readiness and deployment during software life development cycle
- Lead and/or support workshops with key stakeholders to capture business needs and functional and technical requirements for software projects
- Prepare analysis and summary material (technical business cases, feasibility assessments and trend analysis) to support decision making for projects and driving operational effectiveness
- Lead and/or support software development process, mainly Agile process
- Continuous Improvement: Identify areas of improvement during projects and operations to improve overall processes
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle…
- Recognized for leading large scale and/or transformational projects and operations
- 5+ years of a large scale software development and/or consulting experience
- Confident in engaging a broad set of stakeholders and collaborating with internal and external development team members
- Acknowledged for strong technical expertise, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Regarded for solid understanding of software development processes and best practices
- Bachelor degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or related discipline
- Strong software development experience in the geo-spatial domain as business system analyst or developer
- Good understanding about open software and database (i.e. Apache, Tomcat, Geo Server, Postgres)